Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

U

January 20th, 2018 17:00

XPS 13, reseller, warranty

Hi,

I have recently bought a refurbished Dell XPS 13 through eCOMPUTERS ltd, which seems to be one of your accredited resellers. I have been trying to check my warranty online, and it seems that my product can be found, but when I query the warranty data I get: " No information available. ". I have read online that it can take a while until I can see the correct warranty information. Can anyone please confirm this information? Also, how long can it take to actually see the right information? Can I provide a Dell employee my service tag and get it verified for the warranty beforehand? Thank you!

10 Elder

• 

23K Posts

January 21st, 2018 03:00

You must handle this through your seller - first thing they'll need to do is provide you the current registered owner's information so you can transfer ownership:

https://www.dell.com/support/assets-transfer/us/en/4

If they cannot or will not do that, return the system for a refund (if that's the case, you will have no warranty).

4 Posts

January 21st, 2018 12:00

thank you! I got all the details that are required for a warranty transfer, but it seems that the Dell page where I should fill these in is not responsive. It won't let me select the country and, if I just fill in all the other fields and press submit, it gets stuck between this state and the state where my details should be required.

Is this error reproducible for others as well?

10 Elder

• 

23K Posts

January 21st, 2018 13:00

Which country are you trying to transfer ownership to?

In many locations, particularly in Eastern Europe, Asia and Africa, Dell has no official support channel.   You'll need to go through a dealer in many places -- and the place to start is with your seller, from whom you'll need the ownership details you need to begin the transfer process.

4 Posts

January 21st, 2018 17:00

it should get transferred from UK to UK, but the scroll down option for countries is just disabled for me. been trying different browsers, accounts and even OS's.

4 Posts

January 21st, 2018 19:00

more exactly, it gets stuck on this stage: https://ibb.co/cyhaUG (screenshot)

I've got all the data to fill into the form from my seller, but I just can't finish the process because of the attached problem. Is there any way to provide a Dell employee all the required data and get some help with the process?Thanks!

No Events found!