Start a Conversation

Unsolved

I

13 Posts

December 10th, 2020 07:00

XPS 7590, it is a lemon

Hello,

I needed to replace my Dell laptop and purchased an XPS 7590. It had over 25 tech support incidents.  Everything you can imagine including a hard drive replacement. I must have spent over 30 hours on the phone.

Dell just wants to keep Troubleshooting. It is like they have no record of all the time I have spent with them already.

It is absolutely the worst experience ever. Dell has gone downhill. This is the worst engineering combined with the worst customer support. Their contracted support staff has no power to do anything.

<Soliciting other users is not allowed on this Dell funded Forum. DELL-Admin>

My Phone Number is 

• 

25.1K Posts

December 10th, 2020 07:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution. In the meantime, you may also receive assistance or suggestions from the community members.

13 Posts

December 10th, 2020 08:00

Why do these replies as private messages? Is it because you say you will not do anything to resolve this lemon situation?

13 Posts

December 10th, 2020 08:00

Hello, There are no current issues except that experience indicates that within a week or so another issue will arise as has been happening since I received this lemon of a computer.  At that point, it will require more hours to get to the troubleshooting people who will not know what has already happened and require even more time from me. unacceptable! Dell should learn about this thread and all the other issues associated with this series. Terrible job on this series.  I cannot wait for a refund so I can purchase a non-Dell laptop for my use.

13 Posts

December 10th, 2020 09:00

Here is the unacceptable Reply from Tech Support on PM, reproduced here so all can see:

"We completely understand your concern and it is totally unacceptable as the issue is prolonging. We can take this further and assist you and ensure all the issues reported are resolved up to your satisfaction. However, a refund or a replacement is not an option as the system is not within the return period."

One can see that these issues with over 20 incidents requiring tech support should in any ethical company, should be addressed as a return and a refund.   The return period should not even be an issue, as these recurring issues, caused by Dell's terrible engineering  and evident complete lack of quality control must be addressed.  This doesn't even include the complete lack of concern about how this harms the consumer and leads to a precipitous decline in the reputation of Dell as a company.

Dell you should address these failings.

13 Posts

December 10th, 2020 11:00

Saga Continues:

Reply from DELL:

"igo380, we understand you don't need assistance with your system's warranty. What we meant is that, we can only assist you within the warranty terms, and, unfortunately, the return period of the PC is up. At this time, we´ll be glad to assist you troubleshooting the PC in order to diagnose the issue properly and have this resolved as soon as possible. 
In the other hand, we are a chat based channel, therefore, we are unable to perform calls, but here you can find the contact information for our phone support team."

Here is my Reply:

You must be obtuse on purpose.   Your dial-in service promised me a call and i did not receive it. That is a big indicator of what is wrong with your organization.  

Please get with them and have them call me as they promised.

They promised a call and did not deliver.  Please fix that.

13 Posts

December 10th, 2020 11:00

Here is more from Dell and my reply.

"igo380, we´re very sorry to know you feel this way. We understand where you are coming from and this is definitely not the type of experience we wish for our customers. Unfortunately, as of now, your system does not apply for a refund, as the it is outside the return period. However, we´ll be glad to troubleshoot to correctly diagnose the issue and get it fixed as soon as possible."

Reply: I do not require assistance with the warranty.  I need to have Dell stand behind their product. I also need the call back that I was promised this morning.  What happened to that?

As you all can see, the customer service organization is not trying to provide any solution. Indeed their guidance seems to be "Be Obsequious, apologize, charge the customer more money and do not provide a real solution."

Dell please address these issues.  Your company is failing on this front.

13 Posts

December 12th, 2020 09:00

Dell would you accept this performance level from your staff or vendors? Oh wait, you already have.

13 Posts

Here we go again. Chrome not working again!

13 Posts

Complaint submitted today. 

• 

109 Posts

Hello,

We've sent you a private message. Please check and write back for assistance with the reported issue.  

13 Posts

December 12th, 2020 10:00

Hello, 

Here is the response from the email tech support:

"In response to the message on the topic, if the technical team has suggested you reset the system to factory settings, I'd say it's a wise resolution. Please go ahead and try this. I'm confident it should fix the issue."

Here is my reply:

Actually it is not a wise resolution. It is just another random thing to try.  We have already done this previously.  

Also they found out that it opens as Administrator but not normally.  That was a surprise to the tech!  

Now they are going back to their higher level people to examine that revelation.   

This is a nightmare.  The current time on the phone call is 2 hours and 3 minutes. If you have anything based on this latest revelation you may contribute  to parrot what has been done before and evidently did not work is not helpful.

13 Posts

December 12th, 2020 10:00

I received a pm email offering to troubleshoot the same issue from before.

Here is my response:

You are late. I have been on the phone with support for 1 hour 47 minutes and counting. This is for the same problem that occurred before. Is it really a new thing to take 2 hours?

Now they admit that there is a problem and want to reset the whole computer to factory settings! So I have to back up everything because there is not a way to fix the Dell problem and keep my data. Unacceptable.

13 Posts

December 12th, 2020 11:00

The saga continues: After 2 hours 41 minutes and 50 seconds on the phone, we are back to backing up all the data and reinstalling the OS! 

This has been done before (Check the records tech support) and obviously did not work. This computer is a lemon and Dell needs to stand up!

13 Posts

December 12th, 2020 15:00

Saga continues:

More Troubleshooting from Dell tech support. Are you surprised? Want to know what happened?

They decided that the only thing to do is re-install the OS!  Wow we did that before and yet we still have all these problems. But OK, I will play along!

After almost 3 hours on the phone she had me set up a drive to backup everything.  And said she would call me back when it was ready.  OK, at least I can do some other things than sit in from of this box and hope.

Going about my day...I hear a repeating error sound from the computer....I wonder what that is??...the computer no longer recognized the drive.  So no Backup completed.    Do you think I had any communication from Dell?  What is your guess?

Of course no communication from Dell! Have to call them back and to my disappointment the rep had put a lie in the notes...that I had refused the callback, that she tried to call and I didn't answer (of course she did not call) and that I would not give her my number.  None of that is true!

So now my Saturday is in for 4+ hours dealing with this. An ugly situation!  
Still trying to get the OS reimaged, even though I did it before to no avail.

Kindest regards (put sarcasm here)

• 

25.1K Posts

December 16th, 2020 00:00

Hi,

Prajwal here from Dell community.

I'm following up with you to check the status of the system.

Please get back to us with the results so that we can further assist you.

Regards,

Prajwal

No Events found!