Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

December 11th, 2013 00:00

XPS 8700 ordered 11/27, still not here, twice delayed

I purchased the XPS 8700 nearly two weeks ago on November 27th.The checkout and payment process went smoothly. I was assured the computer was in stock by an agent and that there would be no issues. Everything was going according to plan. I received a confirmation for my order, which was scheduled for delivery on 12/4. It was delayed a day prior (gee thanks) on 12/3 to be delivered no later than 12/12. I log on tonight to check the status, well, would you be surprised if I told you the computer is still in pre-production collecting dust in pieces no less, and now has a new delay date of 12/23? Sorry, this is making my christmas as stress-free as possible? This computer is meant to be a christmas present, and now I feel like I won't see this thing till next year. That's almost a monthlong wait, and the wife keeps hassling me about the computer,  "Where is it?" "When did they say it was coming?" "What is their guarantee policy" "Why don't you write another e-mail?" Well wife, I have written TWO e-mails in the past TWO weeks and both have gone unanswered from Dell's awesome customer service department. At this point I feel like Dell has taken my money. Thanks for killing Christmas, Dell. I attempted to send a private message to Lorna, but her availability this time of the year is limited, and therefore is not currently receiving PMs. She seems to be the go to person on staff for this sort of issue I'm having. 

1 Message

December 11th, 2013 11:00

I too had ordered my XPS8700 on 11/29/2013 with expected date of delivery as 12/09/2013. The date has come and gone, but no delivery. Dell has confirmed that they are waiting on parts and hence its delayed. They have no new expected date of delivery.Merry Christmas Dell.

8.8K Posts

December 11th, 2013 12:00

I too had ordered my XPS8700 on 11/29/2013 with expected date of delivery as 12/09/2013. The date has come and gone, but no delivery. Dell has confirmed that they are waiting on parts and hence its delayed. They have no new expected date of delivery.Merry Christmas Dell.

AIM Support

This is not a chat board, this is a help forum, that is to say,  a peer to peer forum where users help each other.

It's not to share stories and chat back and forth, please keep this in mind when posting  on these boards.

If you have a problem please start your own thread and it will be addressed ASAP.

Thanks

Zb1

14 Posts

December 11th, 2013 20:00

What's worse is that for some convenient reason, Dell's customer support staff is nowhere to be found. No one answers the customer service line, it just sits on hold. The Live Chat is offline, and it's supposed to be open till 11pm CT which it is not. It's 11:39pm EST. Been close all day, and of course no replies to any of my e-mails, or to this thread. This is getting crazy. I've never seen such poor quality control and customer service in my LIFE.

8.8K Posts

December 12th, 2013 10:00

Ryan429,

I'm sorry you're having all these problems, seriously.   The Customer Support Chat  should be open, see if they know anything?

In addition you  can fill  this form here also.

Let me know what happens?

Zb1

14 Posts

December 12th, 2013 19:00

Already filled that form out, no word back yet from there either. Still no rep commenting in this thread either.

I take it, it's no longer a priority to guarantee good customer service anymore, they are completely inundated with people complaining about the service they're receiving and can't keep up, or the customer service department has burnt down, and there's no way to reply currently.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 13th, 2013 00:00

The DCF (Dell Community Forum) is not a 1 to 1 Dell to customer chat tool. The design of the DCF is to have users reply to users. Yes, we do step in, but this is not the primary purpose. You can email Order Support directly here. They have the tools to ascertain what is the cause of order delays, cancellations, etc.

14 Posts

December 13th, 2013 00:00

Here's the problem Chris, I CAN'T GET A REPLY FROM DEAL VIA E-MAIL. I have records of attempted correspondence, screen shots of the chat stating "Not available" with timestamp, a record of a facebook form filled out. The only thing I couldn't do was record my  phone conversations where no one picked up. Forgive me for bringing my issues to the board, but I feel like this or the twitter is a last resort which is shouldn't be. Perhaps there's only 3 people working the customer service help desk, but I feel like this is a 2-bit operation even though I know this is Dell.  it's no small time mom and pop store. There's no excuse for this.

14 Posts

December 13th, 2013 01:00

Here, for the subscribers of this thread, and those who are experiencing similar situations, @dellcares has shared a few details regarding my order.

Thanks. Order# provided indicates that there is an invalid configuration & you will need to cancel & reorder. We do not have access to Sales tools, so please contact Sales @1-800-999-3355 to reorder. SS
-DellCares

I have used giftcards and cannot cancel and reorder, they have been spent. I was assured by the Sales associate that everything was fine. Could you define an "invalid configuration"? So far my order sits in pre-production and the delivery date just gets pushed back further and further. I realize there may be a back order on parts, fine, but I got this computer on a deal, and unless the deal can be met, or beaten, I see no reason why I, the customer, must take a hit, or be led around without given any response or reason. I will call CS tomorrow.
-ME

Factory notes indicate that that SKU is invalid. Order status will not proceed beyond this. You will have to cancel & reorder. You can check with Sales for options available to reuse the gift card. SS
-DellCares

So hypothetically speaking, if I wasn't proactive about getting this info about my order, I would've never received my PC and never been informed of the incorrect SKU? What would you do in my situation? Would you take that so lightly? That seems like bad business to me, no?
-Me

No Events found!