Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

7 Posts

June 23rd, 2022 04:00

XPS 9310 2-in-1, USA to Philippines warranty service

Hello,

I'm still deciding if I'll extend my ProSupport warranty and in line with this, I want to learn more about it.

Please allow me to share a brief info, my laptop is purchased in the USA via BenStore PC, however, I am residing in the Philippines. I want to know how the warranty works in my case.

When I first purchased the laptop Dell XPS 9310 2-in-1. I received it on June 11, 2021, and it had several issues (ie: loud/noisy fan, hot laptop and screen flickering) even just by my first time turning it on. I returned the laptop to them (within 7 days from the date I received it) and they have returned it to the USA and was replaced with a new laptop unit Dell XPS 9310 2-in-1 and it was great.

I had upgraded it to Windows 11 Pro on April 15, 2022, with some minor issues (ie: unable to open/upgrade "My Dell App" and unable to make the Dolby Atmos for Headphones work after purchasing it) but, I was able to quickly fix it after uninstalling and reinstalling the apps). 

I've read blog posts online (other websites) and through the Dell Community forum and still, I'm quite hesitant. 

From my Support Services Details page, currently, here are under my ProSupport Warranty:
  • Onsite Service After Remote Diagnosis (Consumer Customer)/ Next Business Day Onsite After Remote Diagnosis (Commercial Customer) - July 13, 2021
  • ProSupport - July 13, 2021
  • Technical Support the way it works best for you (phone or chat)
  • Hardware repair to reduce productivity downtime
  • Direct access to in region ProSupport experts for hardware and software issues
  • Command Center monitoring for On-time parts and labor delivery
    • Hard drive retention after replacement to secure privacy of data (Optional)
    • Repairs or replacements for accidental damage (Optional)
  • TechDirect is your online portal to connect and manage your Dell fleet
  • Self service case management and parts dispatch
  • Self service case management and parts dispatch
  • Proactive issue resolution with automated detection, case creation and support
  • Utilization metrics uncover performance issues and trends
Will all these be covered even if I am residing and located in the Philippines, if I extend my ProSupport warranty OR if I upgrade to  ProSupport Plus: Next Business Day Onsite (with Accidental Damage) will my computer/parts be replaced even if I am located in the Philippines?

I came across a post that says, "If the laptop unit/model you have is not sold in the country where you are located, you won't be able to use the said warranty.". Can you kindly explain this to me in full detail
?

Also, I went to the Dell Store (S.M. Megamall, Philippines branch) and ask for parts and to purchase Dell Premier Rechargeable Active Pen (PN7522W), but, to my surprise, they told me Dell Philippines don't have and don't sell any Dell parts and accessories. 

And this is why I am having a hard time deciding, and to be honest, it's quite disappointing that I purchased a high-end laptop and yet, I'm not sure how Dell can support or help me if I need some parts or replacements. 

I replied to the email I received last May 12, 2022 ( Follow Up on Dell System Support Contract Notification) from the Dell Support but I did not receive any responses anymore. I also contacted via chat but they can't answer my inquiries. 

Thank you so much!

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

June 23rd, 2022 06:00

You'll need to check with Dell Philippines as to what the transfer of warranty will support -- but the answer to the main issue is that what you've heard is correct.  If the model you've purchased is not sold in the Philippines, no service or support will be available, regardless of the service plan you've chosen.  The system will need to be returned to the US for repair if warranty service is required.

In order to make an international warranty transfer, the system must be sold in the Philippines, and you must have an onsite service plan on the system.  Those two things are required for an international warranty transfer.  

No Events found!