Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 17th, 2013 03:00

a pathetic customer care/ replacement team from Dell behind a beautiful XPS 14 Ultrabook

DELL XPS 14 ULTRABOOK,

A beautiful looking machine, something worth showing off, yet fast enough to work seriously. But then, it may be a case in isolation, from day one I have been facing problems with sudden shutdowns (blue screens), within a month of purchase upgraded to Win8, but the problem continued. Spoke to the technical team, did few diagnostic as suggested by the tech engineer on phone on 18.12.2012. Well finally I am told the hard disk has errors, so was changed, but now it requires BIOS up-gradation from A04 to A12, which couldn’t be done because of some anti-theft tech in the system. So was suggested the change of motherboard. In couple of days while changing the motherboard (by visiting Dell engineer), the system gets locked by the great anti-theft software, which the team couldn't resolve till next two days. Hence I am told the only way is replacement of the system, which will take 15 – 20 days maximum.

After waiting for a few days I finally get a mail on January 7, 2013 from Isha, Replacement team. And as told, I emailed back the necessary docs (authorisation letter etc.) the same day. Till today, I have called/ spoken to the team several times, the faulty system is still to be picked from my house. I am tired of calling/ wasting my precious time towards calling your absurd team, which bores an extreme sense of unwillingness towards helping/ doing their job. It is extremely unfortunate for me to be suffering for this callous attitude of the Team Dell. It is almost a month today since this ordeal has started, so I am absolutely not sure how long this replacement process is going to take, whether the previous problem will be solved or not. I feel it is a deliberate plan and is evident enough that Dell is not at all interested in its customers, whether they suffer for their expensive buys and trust.

I hope Dell India senior management takes up this issue seriously; otherwise I will be compelled to go to other means, with all the mails and the data I have.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 17th, 2013 05:00

ANKANTALUKDAR,

We removed your private data from the public posting. We have contacted our team in India and sent all of your data (service tag, email address, link to this post) to them via email. They will be contacting you. I do not know their timetable though.

January 22nd, 2013 03:00

I did recieve a mail from the Social Media outreach manager, Dell India, well after mailing back him with the issue, i am yet to simply recieve any kind of reply. When i call the customer care number, they simply refuse to connect me to non-technical management, and pass it to the Replacement team, which in anycase is delaying the matter/ or do not wish to help.

In a nutshell, i have no one / option to talk to in Dell regarding my problem.

No Events found!