Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

5 Posts

March 14th, 2020 15:00

dell delayed my order after 18days and now ask me to rebook and pay it Again!!!

This really is too disgusting, dell's service quality is really bad, I made a reservation on February 21 for Alinware R9, then was told cancelled and need to place an order on 25th, so I order again, show is expected on March 4-12 arrived, but at March 4, I received a notice of the delay, so I started to contact dell, until today is March 15th, has passed nearly a month, they told me there have a technical issues, and asked me to rebook this order and want to cancel my order, and I still didn't get the refund from last order. is this really the worst company I ever met, Isn't there anyone who can help me solve my problems instead of asking me to re-order all the time!

2.2K Posts

March 14th, 2020 18:00

I’m afraid that’s the case. Both supply and demand are drying up in parts of the supply chain. Was hoping for some GPU and CPU prices to drop but with every major announcement event cancelled, I guess it’s just RTX 20x0 and 5700s for everyone. Coffee and no space comet for CPUs.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

March 14th, 2020 18:00

Trade war with china and Covid 19 virus are causing supply chain delays all over.

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

March 14th, 2020 19:00

It seems odd that they want him to keep rebuying the pc instead of just delaying the existing order. I'd hope there's a reason other than a different salesperson wants to take the commission.

Are you being asked to place the exact same order, or is Dell asking you to buy a pc with different specs that they anticipate being able to fulfill sooner than your original orders?

2.5K Posts

March 15th, 2020 10:00

We just went to walmart the goons,  have emptied all shelves.  dry as cracker and evil greed..

The tuckers will work overtime to catch this mess up.

PANIC is THE WORD,  unbridled panic.

be happy that you have food, gaming is bottom of list. for sure. and buckup, for the long haul.

2.2K Posts

March 15th, 2020 10:00

@savvy2 :

We just went to walmart the goons,  have emptied all shelves.  dry as cracker and evil greed..

The tuckers will work overtime to catch this mess up.

PANIC is THE WORD,  unbridled panic.

be happy that you have food, gaming is bottom of list. for sure. and buckup, for the long haul.”

This. I’m running around this morning trying to buy dish soap and hand wash after realizing my usual supply will run out in 2 weeks.

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

March 15th, 2020 11:00

I went to Costco yesterday and the line just to get into the parking lot wrapped around the block went on about half a mile.   I had to scrap that plan, but surprisingly the discount grocery store winco or something like that around the block was pretty empty aside from people filling their carts with water, brawny and toilet paper.

5 Posts

March 20th, 2020 02:00

It still same order, that is why I’m so confused, one of the Dell stuff said my order is delayed issue but  another agent ask me to cancel and rebook with quote, and I don’t think I will talk with any agent now ,Some of them don’t have integrity.

However I book again online, it shows 29 April and can I ask how long will be move to “pr production” from “payment confirmed” status? Thank you 

5 Posts

March 20th, 2020 02:00

It still same order, that is why I’m so confused, one of the Dell stuff said my order is delayed issue but  another agent ask me to cancel and rebook with quote, and I don’t think I will talk with any agent now ,Some of them don’t have integrity.

However I book again online, it shows 29 April and can I ask how long will be move to “pr production” from “payment confirmed” status? Thank you 

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

March 20th, 2020 04:00

All of my vendors can't get anything now.  Amazon, Ebay, etc are cancelling orders.

Grocery Stores are in the same boat.  People are hording and so the shelves are bare.

No milk, no eggs, no meat, no soup,  no lunch meat, no toilet paper etc.

Amazon.com Inc. is prioritizing the stocking of household staples and medical supplies as it struggles to deal with a surge in demand for online orders from customers avoiding stores during the Covid 19 pandemic.

Computer parts and supplies in general are out of stock.  Lots of people trying to work from home now.

This is also causing issues with ISP's like verizon for broadband and video conferencing.

2.5K Posts

March 20th, 2020 06:00

chill. ok.

wait for it. (food or PC? repeat or fish or cut bait,  now it's bait time, )

ever been in a huge  7+ earth quake and no power , no gas , no banks  for long days, time.? and fee  food as it rots.. YAH .

Ya'all seen nothing.

and so quick to blame.  ( when the panic ends, all will be better, best is NOT PANIC)

272 Posts

March 20th, 2020 06:00

As you can see that there is a Corona pandemic that has taken the world by storm.

So that is the reason why all the industries in the world are suffering.

You can expect the delivery by once the dirt settles down.

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

March 20th, 2020 11:00

The delay is understandable, yes, but I think people are missing the point.  I think the real question is why Dell would have told the OP to purchase the exact same spec PC three times, and why buying it again, and then a third time, and cancelling the prior orders would have any positive change in the wait time. I would imagine doing this would only increase the delay, not shorten it, as you'd think the OP gave up his place in line for the cancelled orders.  I can see this making sense if the cancelled order was due to part inability and the rebuy was a different spec PC.  But it makes no sense to buy the exact same PC three times.

5 Posts

March 20th, 2020 14:00

also, can anyone tell me about  “payment confirmed” status 

is that status are normal? Because it always show payment confirmed list 10 day, and no change. How long it will be move to “pr production”status?,thank you.

5 Posts

March 20th, 2020 14:00

yes………I always asking them is that because virus?but they just say there are no problems if I rebook the order and I will be get the order soon.(every time) 

but in fact there’s no change.

so I think agents actually don’t have any information from Dell , the only things they can know and do is cancel your order or make a new order.

2.2K Posts

March 20th, 2020 16:00

In all of my previous purchases at Dell, the status changes from "payment confirmed" to "in production" within 24 hours.That's the window you can still successfully raise a cancellation without any drama.

No Events found!