Start a Conversation

Unsolved

K

1 Message

January 25th, 2020 23:00

dell replacements are not good.

IMG_20200125_150837.jpgso I had dell s2218h monitor it was really good with color, they were deep and rich in presentation but after 2 years it went bad, had image issue with it so I got replacement from dell which was an upgrade from previous one, so this time they sent me S2319H when I plugged the monitor in, I was really not happy with it as the colors on the monitors were not rich and deep they looked kind of washed out, so first thing I did was adjusted brightness and contrast, then I downloaded dell drivers but still, it looked bad, then I factory reset the monitor but to no effect, then I played with nvidea control panel, changed the color range from limited to full but still no effect also tried reinstalling the gpu drivers still not change in washed colors so finally I changed color profile from color management but it only changed color temperature so finally I noticed that monitor had warm tint on left and cool tint on the right side, then I did diagnostic as told by the technician and found out that there was problem in panel so they decided to give me another replacement.

this time they gave me the same one as my original monitor but this one is worse than before it has four bright spot coming from all 4 corners which is very annoying even when the area is pitch black I can see bright light spreading from all 4 corners and the one in the lower right corner emits brownish hue so I talked the technician he said the monitor is functioning correctly and there is always gonna be some sort of color problem but it might not affect your work and they won't be giving another replacement so I am stuck with worse than the original.

they don't understand that they have given me a monitor that is worse than the before, how can they do that, they said it is refurbished and will have some sort of problem, how can dell do that to its customer? you cant swap one bad monitor for another one, I have a refurbished iPad that works better than original and has zero defect, that's how a refurbish model should be. it's ok to have some wear and tear here and there but to have a bad panel that cant even produce color properly is not ok. they are gonna let me know on Monday if they will replace or not. I am really not liking dell replacements all they do is swap one bad monitor for another one, please change this policy. I hope they give a good upgraded model I don't mind if it's refurbished all it has to have is a good panel because I do graphics design and colors matter to me as they do to my client. please send me a good upgrade. 

THE ABOVE IMAGE IS OF THE LATEST REPLACEMENT AS YOU CAN SEE THE BRIGHT CORNERS.

January 26th, 2020 00:00

kunalbs, 

My apologies for the inconvenience at hand. I've created a support ticket for you and will continue to interact over Private Note to safeguard your privacy. 

Dell-RonnieR

No Events found!