Highlighted
nicolebluesky
1 Copper

purchase nightmare

I recently placed an order online. Because the order was a gift from one of my parents (in honor of the new school term), I knew that there would be verification issues as I live in Canada and they live in California. I called dell and explained the situation. I was directed to the verification dept to whom I explained my situation. I was then instructed to place the order by inputting my shipping info, and  that they would then  verify the order with the card holder - my father. I placed the order,  they contacted my father, got verification and everything was fine. I received  emails saying that my order had been processed and shipped. 

At this point I was pleased with the expediency and service.

10 days later my package had arrived in my home town and was ready to be delivered - as I had been informed by the shipping company. I arranged to have the package delivered the next day and was very much excited.

Later that night I received a call from the shipping company. They said that for some unknown reason my package had been recalled to the sender.

So up until this point, my order had been processed, verified and shipped but at the last minute recalled. - The waste of company time and resources alone is laughable. 

I immediately contacted dell customer support and was told that I would have to deal directly with the verification dept as they have no access to that information. I called the next day, and after being redirected a number of times and put hold for over 20 minutes, finally got to speak to a verification agent. He told me that it was unclear what had happened with the order but that there was hold  a on the account. He said he would look into the matter and call me back. When he did, all he said was that there was a verification issue because my billing and shipping address did not match.   THIS WAS THE VERY ISSUE I RESOLVED IN THE FIRST PLACE BECAUSE I KNEW IT WOULD BE A PROBLEM! I explained all of this to him, but he said that he had no record of this or the fact that they had actually spoken with the card holder. He refused to take any responsibly and was very rude.   So after more waiting, calling, explaining, verifying and holding I was told that an exchange had been issued.

I still don't really know if this issue has really been resolved or if any one there knows what if going on. I did, however receive an invoice (for only one of the items) which only makes me think my order has been further  messed up. 

All I will say is that this has been the worst costumer experience I have ever had. Any excitement I had about receiving my Dell product has turned into resentment and anger.  I will never purchase another dell product, and I will advise as many people as I can do do like wise.

Is this really the best way to compete in today's global market? 

sincerely disappointed,

N. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Koriat
1 Copper

Re: purchase nightmare

I'm definitely sorry to hear this. I've seen Dell's customer service abilities plummet recently. However, my billing address and shipping address never match, and this has never been a problem for me. Perhaps it's because mine is a PO Box vs. a street address? It might be different if it is across borders. 

Is there any way your parents could send you the money via a wire transfer and have you pay for the thing "yourself" as it were? That might be easier, at this point, than trying to wrestle with the scripted customer service robots.

Good luck. 

0 Kudos
nicolebluesky
1 Copper

I don't know anything about that, especially considering that I made sure to go through the right channels before I even placed the order as to avoid this exact situation.

And I don't see how a wire transfer will help me at this point.  Not to mention that I have already been billed for a computer I have yet to receive.  

Jeez I was really hoping for some rational intervention at this point.
0 Kudos

Hi Nicole,

Please accept my apology for any frustration and disappointment you may have experienced with your Dell purchase. Please contact me privately, by clicking on my name in blue, and provide additional information so I may access your customer account records. I look forward to your reply.

Name:
Email Address:
Shipping Address:
Phone Number:
Order Number: 
Service Tag:

Thank you,
Lorna

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem. I just put an order through and been put on hold for 2 hrs and transferred several times with Dell.  All I want is to verify that I made the order with my Credit Card. Why is it so hard to do so.

0 Kudos