Highlighted
NotTooHappy2
1 Copper

"Dell Customer Support" is it badly managed or an oxymoron?

Jump to solution

Wow, just wow.

Prior to Christmas the Dell "Support Assistant" told me the battery on my Dell XPS 15 might need replacing. I did no physical check but spoke with Dell support who after running a standard test told me no, it didn't. At this point I had a next day on-site warranty, which ran out mid January.

Then a few days ago I get an email offering to replace the battery. This time it's irrespective of whether or not the system is showing faults - so I'm guessing that Dell have realised it is the whole batch mine was in (or a very large percentage affected). However, I'm out of warranty so will have to do the replacement myself ...

To top this fiasco off the right speaker on my XPS15 blew three weeks after purchase. It was replaced under the next day on-site warranty. All very good, yet, almost like clockwork the same unit has blown yesterday ... two weeks after my warranty ran out.

This is not what I expect on a £1,200+ computer. Shame on you Dell - and shame on the total inability to speak to a human being about these issues without calling a high-cost "support" number - which I could do whilst I had my service contract!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NotTooHappy2
1 Copper

Re: "Dell Customer Support" is it badly managed or an oxymoron?

Jump to solution

Thank you Sreejith - it would be great to get this sorted.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Jump to solution

Thank you for your message. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused, we will look into this and assist you within our support boundaries.

Please click on the message tab – click new message & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thank you for your message. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused, we will look into this and assist you within our support boundaries.

Please click on the message tab – click new message & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

0 Kudos
NotTooHappy2
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thank you Sreejith - it would be great to get this sorted.

0 Kudos