Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 7th, 2017 10:00

warranty extension

i have tried several times to extent my warranty. dell insists on talking on the phone. I do not answer or talk on the phone. i asked for a quote. received a chart of choices without prices. I have stated "DO NOT CALL" several times. they have tried to call many times. to home and cell. the cell was never on the extension request form.

if dell will not put a $ amount in writing?

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

October 10th, 2017 06:00

Thank you for your message.

Normally, the only option to get warranty extension is through the phone support.

Please click on my Dell username & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address. We will share with the concerned team & check if they can assist you further.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

October 7th, 2017 18:00

They won't sell a warranty extension other than over the phone -- there are too many options.  If you're extending the warranty on a notebook, figure on between $300-400 for a year depending on whether it's depot repair ($300) or onsite ($400).

3 Posts

October 7th, 2017 18:00

so, it is a way to never have a record. i dont care about options. Oh forget it. not your problem...............

1 Message

April 11th, 2019 13:00

So customers have no way to determine any price information before they call.  No posted prices exist, so commissioned employees can charge as much as possible in order to maximize their commissions. 

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

April 12th, 2019 08:00

I am afraid there is no option where the warranty price is mentioned. Since the warranty pricing depends on multiple factors like region, system model, type of warranty, whether the system is in warranty or if it has expired ( reinstatement fee).

You can either have the sales team call you by entering your details on this link or contacting them directly.

1 Message

August 30th, 2019 12:00

. Stephen E. Skovron. . How much does a 1 year extension of Pro Support?

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

September 2nd, 2019 10:00

I am afraid, we do not have the warranty pricing details. You can contact the out of warranty team from this link or call the technical support team & they can assist you on the pricing & extension.

1 Message

July 4th, 2021 07:00

It is ridiculous that there is no way to extend a warranty without talking with someone from Dell. When everything else is handled online, without human intervention--especially if one needs service, this leads me to believe that the only reason Dell would need to talk with a customer is to try to upsell. 

I, like others who have posted about this, do not accept calls from unidentified numbers. Therefore, I have decided that I will not bother with trying to extend my warranty. 

Judith 

No Events found!