Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 21st, 2013 14:00

(warranty) tag transfer to India

I bought dell laptop from dubai but when I checked the warranty information its show  country : united states. I want to transfer tag to India and that dubai vendor is not willing to help me. he not telling the from where he purchased ( i know no businessman will say that) so how can I transfer the tag. I have invoice copy which I get from dubai vendor.  dell India customer care just dont care for end user who buy laptop from outside India. they act like that we have done some crime. they just not willing to help customer who bought laptop outside India.  in short just let me know hwo can i transfer the tag without knowing the original previous owner name and how much time does it take.  one of friend told me that its take around 4-5 month to transfer the tag in india and even after that dell india wont give you warranty.  let me know all the truth.

thank you

3.1K Posts

June 22nd, 2013 04:00

Hi kunal1,

I understand your concern. Unfortunately, without the previous owner's information, ownership transfer is not possible. There is a possibility that the vendor might have resold you the system after purchasing it from United States.

I can help you with the ownership transfer, however you would need to validate the previous owner information. If you can validate the information, then you may provide the service tag of the computer and the name as it appears on the account via private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation) so that I can check the further course of action.

Please reply if you have any questions.

9.4K Posts

June 24th, 2013 04:00

Hi Kunal1,

Sorry you are having problems accessing your computer's warranty. 

Unfortunately computers purchased in the US are not to be exported from the country per the terms of purchase.  .  With that said, you can still receive warratny repairs to your computer, if you transfer the ownership, and return it to the US to have it repaired at the Dell Depot.  The cost of shipping it to and from the USA would be up to you. 

As Appu said, we can assist with transferring the ownership, but will need the previous owner's information.  If the reseller you purchased from will not provide you with this information, I would consider taking the unit back to them for a full refund.  If the Dubi vendor you purchased from is a legitimate Dell reseller, they will have this information and will provide you with warranty service.  If they are not a legitimate Dell reseller, will not provide you with the information or warranty, and will not refund your money, then you would probably have to seek restitution through your country's legal system.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Robert

No Events found!