Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

November 17th, 2015 01:00

warranty validity

Good morning,

I live in Italy and I would like to purchase an used dell venue pro 11 on e-bay from Florida, USA.

The warranty end date is january 2016 and "is given in GMT time zone" only: does it mean that the warranty is no longer valid if the tablet is sent in Italy or that I couldn't get free support unless I sent it to USA?

Is the warranty nominative too? I mean, since I purchase an used item could I request warranty extension by myself by providing the serial number or do I need to ask the seller to give me the original proof of purchasing?

Thank you.

9.4K Posts

November 17th, 2015 05:00

Hi Robertalrp,

Thanks for posting on the USA Forum.

According to the Terms of Sale   , computers purchased in the USA can not be exported outside the US.  If by chance that happens, the warranty will not be honored by Dell, Italy. 

Regards,
Robert

10 Posts

November 18th, 2015 00:00

Ok, thank you.

So, what if, instead of purchasing it in USA, I buy it in UK and have it sent to Italy? Does the warranty apply in that case?

9.4K Posts

November 18th, 2015 08:00

Different countries have different rules and laws.  It would be best to contact your country and the country you wish to purchase from to find out what the rules are.  I only have information for the USA.

10 Posts

November 18th, 2015 09:00

Many thanks.

No Events found!