Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

12 Posts

May 7th, 2020 12:00

why sell out of stock products, wrong delivery estimates?

I normally never write complaints but I think that delays with orders seem to be a clear trend with Dell lately judging from the forum posts. 

If you do not have certain items available, why sell them?

Either give delivery estimates that are realistic, which are based on getting the products from the suppliers (that you know have them in stock) or do not sell them in the first place.

My order for an Alienware PC has now been delayed for another 2 weeks. 

Because the delivery is still an 'estimate' this means that even after 2 weeks there is a possibility I might still not get my item. In fact I have absolutely no way of knowing if my PC is being built even now. 

Due to the "coronavirus" and "issues with suppliers", it seems that I may never get my item and my money might evaporate into thin air.

Due to the "coronavirus" how long is the backlog of customers waiting for their orders? Am I 1,000,000th in the queue? Am I realistically going to get it in 2020? Or should I wait until 2030?

You have taken the customers money and given them "Estimated delivery times". How can you run a business like that and not have any consequence for making customers wait such unacceptably long periods before receiving their products?

Why are Dell treating their customers in this fashion?

When I bought from Dell I was expected a level of professionalism much higher than this. This is completely incompetent. The more I read the message board the more I fear my order may be delayed for months. I am currently out of pocket and I have nothing to show for it.

If I ask for a refund will Dell delay my refund too? Will my refund take 6 months? I have no certainty. If you are selling out of stock products how can I trust anything else written on the site?

To add insult to injury there is no mention of any compensation for customers who patiently wait for their delivery. Do Dell feel it justified to keep customers waiting indefinitely? This is beyond a joke. 

• 

25K Posts

May 7th, 2020 14:00

Hi! Thank you for reaching out to us and we're deeply sorry about any issues that you might have encountered with your order. 

Feel free to send us a private message with your order number and we would be more than happy to provide you with some information regarding the status. 

Looking forward to your reply and once again our apologies for the downtime and inconvenience this might generate. 

Kind regards, 

3 Posts

May 8th, 2020 07:00

The most “customer care” I’ve received from Dell on this issue has been a $10 refund which I never received. Ordered on March 25, eventually cancelled in favour of a monitor with a faster shipping time on April 29, but now that monitor is delayed too.

12 Posts

May 8th, 2020 08:00

Dell do not seem to 'care' very much about delivery. I guess this is what it takes to make Dell act lawfully. A complete disgrace of a company. And they wanted to use the "global situation" as an excuse for selling out of stock products, which they knew they could not build and deliver on time.

May 8th, 2020 12:00

Question is why order a prebuilt system when you can build one cheaper?

12 Posts

May 9th, 2020 03:00

"Question is why order a prebuilt system when you can build one cheaper?"

That does not pertain to my question.

12 Posts

May 9th, 2020 04:00

They are doing the same thing to me. Did you eventually get your delivery?

12 Posts

May 9th, 2020 04:00

So dell have cancelled your order and not refunded you? This is shocking!

12 Posts

May 9th, 2020 05:00

Why are the delivery dates for my item still shown as "Ships in 8–10 business days" on the website when you know that is false?

https://www.dell.com/en-uk/shop/desktops-and-all-in-ones/new-alienware-aurora-ryzen-edition/spd/alienware-aurora-r10-desktop/d00awr1015?view=configurations

I ordered 2 weeks ago and even I wont be getting it my order that soon, because you know that there is a shortage of parts? 

If an unknown brand did this they would be reported and fined for false advertising!

12 Posts

May 9th, 2020 05:00

Hello, 

I've recently ordered a Alienware R10.

I have some questions for those who have bought dell items this year. 

How long did it take you to receive your products from the moment of purchase?

Did you experience delays? how many times was your order delayed?

Are the estimated delivery times on the website genuine? since Dell knew from Feb/March that they would not be able to get supplies?

If you had delays, did you ever manage to find out where your order was in the queue?

12 Posts

May 9th, 2020 06:00

Follow the rules set forth in the Code of Conduct. You may not "spam" other user threads. You may continue to post on your thread. DELL-Admin

12 Posts

May 9th, 2020 07:00

I am in the same boat. They knew about these issues back in Feb/March when the factories in china notified them of shortages. But in spite of all this warning they still continue to sell out of stock products. They have extended my estimated delivery dates by 2 weeks and I have no guarantee that they will even begin building my machine then. There seems to be multiple shortages from multiple suppliers. The only option available is to call Michael Dell directly. 

12 Posts

May 10th, 2020 04:00

After taking my money Dell has the arrogance to claim I am spamming the forum, when I have not broken any of the rules on the code of conduct. 

ok.

11 Posts

August 8th, 2020 05:00

Great idea! Where/how do I do this @Child_of_Bhaal ?

11 Posts

August 8th, 2020 05:00

Have you got his number @abmalik ?

No Events found!