Start a Conversation

Unsolved

H

2 Posts

May 14th, 2022 19:00

x15 R1, endless warranty issues, can't talk to a human

since august of last year I've been struggling with dell tech support just trying to get a functioning laptop. hours and hours spent on hold or haggling with people on the phone insisting that I have in fact updated my drivers. the laptop I got was an Alienware x15 R1 which had obvious hardware issues including a cpu that hit throttling temperatures while idle and a screen that was heavily artifacting. they kept sending out repair people to replace one piece at a time (the repair people commented on how obvious it was that the laptop was fundamentally broken) until they finally sent me an x15 R1 with inferior specifications, which I only agreed to because I only have the one computer and needed a functioning machine for my at home job. the new laptop has different quality issues that I thought would be tolerable but are getting in the way of work, and now the original ticket is closed. I tried contacting them through whatsapp, and after multiple replies that made it clear they weren't reading what I was saying (and a 3 hour gap near the beginning of the conversation), they forwarded me to the alienware support team which is apparently closed for the weekend, and stopped replying, effectively hanging up on me. money is tight and my time is at a premium, I'm not spending any more entire days on hold or getting bounced around phone trees while entry level techs read a script at me just so I can resume where I already was with support, and this laptop was too expensive to tolerate such a lemon. I still have the old R5 in fact because I can't even get them to give me a shipping box to send it back to them! the customer care is so poor and the quality issues are so constant that at this point I'd rather have a refund, and even if I get one I'm not getting my time back. I certainly don't feel like making the upcoming financing payments when I'm not getting the product or the support that I was sold. how do I even ask for that though? what recourse do I have?

6 Professor

• 

6.1K Posts

May 15th, 2022 00:00

Hi @HazelWolf welcome to this free user to user Alienware laptop discussion forum. This is not Dell Support. 

Thanks for the summary. It seems that the Dell warranty response was good, but the hardware is of poor quality. What is the Dell warranty status, has it been extended so that these products are covered? If still in warranty, click on @DELL-Cares and send Private Message requesting assistance.  

Please visit your online Dell account and create a Service Request to ask how Dell Support are going to fix these problems. Then escalate this problem to senior Dell tier that has authority to provide your requested remedy. 

2 Posts

May 17th, 2022 15:00

the support has possibly been worse than the hardware, with different teams at dell giving me contradictory information on who to speak to or outright ignoring what I say and telling me to do things I just said I already did.

I am speaking in private messages to one or more dell representatives who saw this message and will continue attempting to escalate the issue. thank you for the advice. the machine is still under warranty but at this rate it's going to run out before I ever get a functioning product.

I'm not going to mark this resolved for now as the issue is ongoing, and if community members have advice regarding how I can potentially get my money back I would still like to hear it.

No Events found!