Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 20th, 2011 09:00

AX100 randomly marking virtual disks offline

My AX100 seems to be randomly marking virtual disks offline for no apparent reason. The status of virtual disks can be different depending on which SP I log into. There are no component failures. I can refresh the management page and then the virtual disk will be fine. Refresh again and it'll be marked offline again. Rebooting the SPs doesn't seem to help. I'm running FlareOS 02.19.100.5.048. Any ideas?

13 Posts

April 20th, 2011 19:00

The hosts continue to have access to the virtual disks throughout. I recently started having speed issues regarding the virtual disks and wasn't sure if Navisphere marking them offline constantly was causing an issue or not.

9.3K Posts

April 20th, 2011 19:00

Do the disks actually go offline (as in; the host(s) can no longer access the disks), or is it just reporting that in Navisphere, but the disks are still accessible?

9.3K Posts

April 20th, 2011 22:00

Is there anything being reported in the events?

13 Posts

April 21st, 2011 14:00

Nothing in the logs. Here's an interesting tidbit. I moved the VM that was having issues to my EqualLogic box and now everything is working much better. Latency for the datastores on the AX100 have gone WAY down and they are showing normal as the status on both SPs. Perhaps it was just getting overloaded?

No Events found!