Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 26th, 2009 15:00

AX150i, Windows 2008, Duplicate Disks in Disk Management

I have a Windows 2008 server connected to an AX150i with dual storage processors.  I have two NICs on the server, and each NIC connects to a switch - switch A and switch B.  The AX150 has four connections to the switches - SPA0 connects to switch A, SPA1 connects to switch B, SPB0 connects to switch A, and SPB1 connects to switch B.  In Navisphere Express, I created a Disk Pool of two disks RAID 1/0, created a 100GB Virtual Disk on that Disk Pool, and assigned the Virtual Disk to the server.

When I open Disk Management on the server, the 100GB disk shows up twice, as Disk 1 and Disk 2.  I selected one of the disks and made it Online, Initialized it, and created a Simple Volume on it.  The disk I configured looks fine, and I can use it normally.  But the second, duplicate disk is still there, offline, inallocated.   Why is this?

Something similar is happening on another server connected to the SAN, it's Virtual Disks show up 3-4 times in Disk Management.  What am I doing wrong?

9.3K Posts

February 27th, 2009 04:00

You didn't install Powerpath.

Go to http://www.emc.com/dell-ax150support and register for the downloads. Look for Powerpath 5.2.0. Install this. It only asks a few questions, but pay attention to them and answer them correctly (mainly; if you are connecting to more than just an AX-series array (e.g. you'll also be connecting to a CX-series array) you'll need to have your Powerpath license key available).

After the reboot your multiple paths to your disk will be 'merged' into the single disk in disk management.

14 Posts

February 27th, 2009 14:00

Cool thanks, that did the trick!

No Events found!