Start a Conversation

Unsolved

O

2 Posts

August 14th, 2018 14:00

Degraded mode but Virtual disks are online ready

Hi,

We are using 2 RAID6 VMs in under physicial server. 

1.s Virtual disks are working fine but shown as degraded (can access everything in Windows.)

2.Virtual disks are shown as degraded mode but in windows Hard drive became to RAW mode. (non-accessable in Windows.)

dell1.JPG

Physical Disks : Unfortunately it has been blinking Green/Amber and as shown as below  :

dell12.JPG

What I am thinking to do is replace the disk.But it s 5 of 8 blink amber. Which way do i have to follow ? 

also I saw the logs as below 

dell123.JPG

• 

8.5K Posts

August 15th, 2018 09:00

Hi,

Do you have a backup? This is a possible data loss situation. You have 5 drives that are predictive failure, all of them should be replaced.

2 Posts

August 30th, 2018 08:00

Ho Josh,

Thanks you for your answer.

Unfortunately Replacement didnt work. I replaced the first failed drive.Rebuild wasnt started. The system went to Removed mode and couldnt access anymore then. Failing drive is Dell ST3600057ss i only found Dell  Hitachi Huxxx series.I believe it did not have compability issues.  

I set up a new Virtual Disks and raid6 with 6 disks. Good thing I was having HyperV and replications were working . I moved back everything from replica server.

Now other server one disk starting to fail this weekend I will replace the new one.

Thanks in Advance

No Events found!