Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 27th, 2016 12:00

Errors on ML6000

Hey, everyone. I am using a ML6000 that had a bunch of errors. Now, I'm only down to a couple, and I'm somewhat stuck. I replaced both tape drives and all the tapes. I still get these errors T033 Drive Tape Alert 3 - Hard Read or Write Error; T036 Drive Tape Alert 6 - Write Failure; and T-045 Drive Tape Alert 20 - Clean now .....while trying to perform back ups. Does anyone know what the issue could be?

Thanks

• 

6.9K Posts

September 28th, 2016 10:00

Hello Kenny621,

When you replaced the drives in your ML6000 did u flash the firmware for both the library & the tape drive’s? With the error codes that you are getting are stating that there is an issue with the drive while reading or writing to the media. First thing that I would do is to use a new cleaning media on your drives and run the cleaning 2 times to see if the media can remove the debris that is on the drive read /write heads.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

September 30th, 2016 01:00

Download  ITDT and run a performance/standard health test on a new tape. a good LTO3 should run at 76mb/sec

2 Posts

October 5th, 2016 21:00

It's was supposed to flash automatically. It even said it was downloading new firmware. However, it didn't upgrade. I told them it was old firmware, but they want to get another drive. Thanks

No Events found!