Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 27th, 2017 15:00

MD3200 direct connect SAS storage

Hello,

I have an MD3200i and Dell R510 server. I purchased a MD12 series SAS controllers and a PERC H800 card. I turned everything on and connected the storage array to the server. However, i dont see anything on in the computer management. I looked in the modular storage array software and auto discover doesn't find anything. Even manually putting in the host name doesnt see anything. All the hard drives in the storage array are blinking amber. For the life of me, i cant understand why its doing this. 

Thanks in advance for the help.

15 Posts

March 29th, 2017 11:00

Make sense. I knew something was off. I have used direct attached before and never had an issue. Im not adding any other storage to this server. Just the one. 

• 

6.9K Posts

March 29th, 2017 11:00

Hello WitteIT,

When you are connecting an MD3200 to your R510 server you need to use a 6gb SAS HBA and not a PERC card. Also if you are trying to expand your storage of your MD3200 by adding an MD1200 as expansion enclosure then you can do that as well. Here is a link to the deployment guide as I would double check your setup to make sure that it is done correctly. http://downloads.dell.com/manuals/common/powervault-md3200_deployment%20guide_en-us.pdf

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

No Events found!