Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

F

March 31st, 2007 22:00

Navisphere installer CX200

Hi, I'm having a hard time trying to get my hands on a copy of any version of Navisphere; I bought an old CX 200 for studying purposes at home some months ago, but unfortunately I didn't get any copy of the Navisphere CD. I have completed the first steps of the config of the CX box - the serial cable part, so the IP-adresses of the SP:s ar good, but I have no means to configure any LUNs. Is there any way to get a copy of Navispere except by buying (expensive) support from EMC? I feel it's a bit cheap of them not to let me download the version shipped with the CX200, but that seems to be a fact - no active support-agreement; no download whatsoever. Could it might be possible to get a copy directly from Dell somewhere, or maybe someone here has an old copy laying around? Any information, hints or other help would be most apreciated! Sincerely, Fred from Sweden

9.3K Posts

April 2nd, 2007 13:00

If you have the IPs set, connect the management (network) ports to your network, and pull up a browser. Put in one of the 2 IPs and you should get the logon screen for Navisphere (you'll want Java 1.4.1 or 1.4.2 on the system that you're pulling up the webbrowser on).

May 23rd, 2007 04:00

I would use the on array version and install java 1.4x
Just open a browser and put in the ip of sp-a or sp-b and login (navisphere login)
You should be able to create Raid Groups and LUNs.
You might not be able to create Storage goups if Access Logix is not enabled. (most of the times with a direct attached single host or cluster) Be aware that the front end ports are a hub and will only provide one wwn.
Success!

No Events found!