Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 28th, 2016 15:00

Need Win 7 Driver for PERC 9 h330 Mini

I need to install Win 7 64 on a Precision Rack 7910 workstation. The installation disk for SP1 doesn't have a driver for the RAID controller.  The download from the 7910 support page is an exe file that isn't recognized and won't let me extract the driver to copy it. I haven't been able to find one that I can put on a thumb drive and that the Windows installation routine will recognize as a valid driver. 

I've tried searching the Dell site and Googling for it, also tried to find it on another 7910 running Win 10.

Can you help me to find it or suggest a work-around?

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

January 30th, 2016 11:00

No "workaround" is necessary.

You can extract the drivers from the Update Package for Microsoft Windows format with the /e switch, but the one you need is the Hard Drive format of the driver:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=KMGRV&fileId=3398353767&osCode=W764&productCode=precision-r7910-workstation&languageCode=EN&categoryId=SG

You must download and run the file to extract the contents before use.

February 1st, 2016 09:00

Thank you, that did the trick.  I fumbled around a bit figuring out that you have to use the /s along with the /e= switch.

I don't understand why that page didn't show up when I searched for "h330"

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

February 1st, 2016 10:00

If you use the hard drive format, you don't need to use the switches to extract the files ... all it does is self-extract.

No Events found!