Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

3 Posts

October 30th, 2018 11:00

PS6210 Firmware Update Issue / Credential Issue

Hello,

I am having an issue getting firmware 10.0.1 installed on a PS6210 that currently has 9.1.1 installed.  I have two identical members in a group and one of them installed no problem.  The error that I am getting is "FTP Error: Unknown host or port"  I am taking that to be a generic network / firewall issue.  In doing some troubleshooting I noticed that I am able to SSH into Member 2's management IP with a root account.  The grpadmin account doesn't seem to work via SSH.  For Member 1, I am unable to authenticate with any account (root/grpadmin).  I've tried every password I can think of. 

So now I am getting an alert every 6 or so hours indicating that the members are running dissimilar firmware.  Any suggestions on where I go from here?  Is there a way to reset the local account using the grpadmin account?  Is there a way to non-disruptively reset the root account?  They are dual controller so I can take one down at a time if needed.

• 

6.9K Posts

November 1st, 2018 12:00

Hello dwhiteley,

Since you have lost the password, connect to the serial cable to the serial port, and you will need to contact support.  Support will have you enter in a username at the login that will provide a challenge sequence.  Support will then provide you with the response which will log you in.  Then you can change the password for the grpadmin account.

Since you have both members in the same group it is best to have them running the same firmware.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

3 Posts

November 2nd, 2018 03:00

Is that something that you need paid support for?

• 

6.9K Posts

November 2nd, 2018 08:00

Hello dwhiteley,

Yes, you will need to have a support warranty.

3 Posts

November 2nd, 2018 11:00

I guess the only other option is to move all the data off, factory reset it and reconfigure it?

• 

6.9K Posts

November 5th, 2018 07:00

Hello dwhiteley,

You can reset the password that way without contacting support. 

No Events found!