Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 5th, 2017 22:00

PowerVault MD1200

Is there any one to help me out . I have a powervault MD 1200 direct attached with PowerEdge R810 . Now I want to access my storage box please list down the steps involved in this to find out my storage disk health and other related issues. I downloaded OMSA 8 but its doesn't work as I have no credential for logging . please help me out as I am new to Dell environment

• 

6.9K Posts

January 9th, 2017 10:00

Hello Roman Khan,

There are 2 ways to manage your MD1200 you can use either OMSA or the PERC Bios. Now to use OMSA you need to have Administrator rights on the server. Since you say you don’t have rights on the server then you will need to access your MD1200 via PERC bios. To access the PERC bios you will need to reboot the server and when the server is posting you can press Ctrl=R on the PERC H800 and you will enter the PERC bios. Once in the Bios you can see how your Array is configured as well as check on disk health. Here is also a link to the user guide for OMSA. http://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/dell-opnmang-srvr-admin-v8.0.1_User's%20Guide_en-us.pdf

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

No Events found!