Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

4 Posts

December 12th, 2019 04:00

Repeated battery errors...

Good morning!

I made another post a few days ago and have made significant progress since that time. 

I still get a constant error on both of my controllers (MD3820i) as follows:

RTC Warning: Battery for real-time clock and NVSRAM must be replaced

I changed both of the CR2032 batteries. These batteries have been on a shelf for a few years but I tested them with a volt meter and they are at 3.25V and 3.3V which according to what everyone says, are good batteries. (but could still possibly be the problem?)

If I shut the unit down and wait for the controller caches to offload and then restart, each controller comes up having the correct date and time. I get this message (on both controllers)... 

3900 Real-Time Clock
01 RT Clock Tick ** Failed **

*** Error (0005): Real time clock/NVSRAM battery low

*** Current Loop Count: 1 Date: 12/12/2019 Time: 12:25:02

*** Master Error Code: 2701-3900-01-0005

D)isplay R)etry C)ontinue M)onitor S)hell A)bort ?

Choosing C) on each controller allows the array to boot to optimal status, and can be accessed via the MDSM software with no issues. But it does hang on these errors every time I reboot it which could be a nuisance since I work in a school that does experience power outages sometimes. 

I know the cache battery has an age reset command. Do the CR2032 batteries have a similar reset command? 

Thanks again in advance. 

1 Rookie

• 

14 Posts

November 25th, 2023 12:21

I'm having the same problem and have already replaced the controller battery but the error
 continues "RTC Warning:  Battery for real-time clock and NVSRAM must be replaced"

(edited)

No Events found!