Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

August 3rd, 2007 10:00

SAN with Dell PE 2950

Hi To All,

We have been using Dell PE 2950 having RHEL-5 installed. We have configured Dell EMC CX 300 with all LUNs and Storage Groups . All Dell PE servers are connected with Fibre Cables to Storage system .

Now, I wanna know how can i access Storage partition in my Linux system. Which commands/files will be used to get access to storage partition under RHEL-5

I donot anything abt accessing Storage partition in Linux,

any help will be appreciated

9.3K Posts

August 3rd, 2007 10:00

Check the host connectivity guide from the Powerlink site for information on how to set up a host and configure Navisphere to allow the server to see storage.

Basic steps:
- install the correct HBA driver (most likely need to use the kernel native driver, but without exact info about which HBA you have this is impossible to say for sure)
- zone the server to see the storage (assuming you're using fibre channel switches)
- register the server with the array (in Navisphere)
- create a new storage group (in Navisphere)
- put the server in the new storage group (in Navisphere)
- create one or more luns (if you don't already have these made)
- add the lun(s) to the storage group
- reboot server

From Powerlink under the documentation there's also the guide for how to set up DM-MPIO for RHEL/SLES as Powerpath isn't supported (at this time) for RHEL5.

10 Posts

August 3rd, 2007 11:00

Can u please send me that link frm where i can get info abt accessing storage partition in RHEL-5

and one more thing, we have already defined storage group and LUNs in EMC CX300.Do we have to create the same in linux navisphere.

Message Edited by sachin1361 on 08-03-2007 07:09 AM

9.3K Posts

August 3rd, 2007 19:00

Check the stickied post on this board about powerlink registration. This has information how to get a Powerlink account where you can download a wide variety of information including the information you're looking for most likely.
No Events found!