Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

April 27th, 2012 07:00

Setting up Dell EMC CX3-40f

Need to setup a CS3-40f and do not have EMC Navisphere software to initialize the system. Further I am not sure how the management interface is IP'd or even if it has had an IP setup in the past therefore am unable to connect via the web-interface if the system has one. I am effectively starting at zero with only the setup guide. Any tips would be awesome.

I did see the post here regarding resetting administrative credentials but being unable to it is not useful at this point.

685 Posts

April 27th, 2012 08:00

Atlas01,

Being you are starting from step one on the setup process for this array. EMC is all about using procedure generators. Below is a link where you can select your array and then click install. It will then ask you a few questions and will put together a custom document that should help you with the installation process.

www.emc.com/.../central.htm

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to let us know.

3 Posts

April 27th, 2012 12:00

Kenny,

Thanks for the quick response. I was able to generate the documentation and pull the application referenced to connect to the array. I am still somewhat confused on how to connect to the storage processors to configure them. Is there a way to console to the device? There appears to be two management type ports one each storage processor.

Thanks

9.3K Posts

April 27th, 2012 15:00

The initialization utility should be able to find the storage processors on your network (as long as they are on the same vlan) without the need to use serial or so. If no security has been set up yet, you can set the IP addresses for SPA and SPB using this initialization utility (and set your initial username and password).

3 Posts

April 30th, 2012 06:00

The init utility does not appear to be seeing the storage processors? Might you know or be able to point me in the right direction for using the serial connection? e.g. What type of cable, which of the two management ports?

Thanks

1.2K Posts

May 3rd, 2012 08:00

The serial cable is a null modem mini DB9 to DB9 and the service lan ports are 128.221.1.250 and 251 for SPB, netmask 255.255.255.248. You would set your laptop at .252. Plug into spb to access .250 and into spa for 251.

This forum popst may help: community.emc.com/.../109402

No Events found!