Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 20th, 2015 02:00

VMware vCenter Plug-in for MD-Series Storage Arrays - Error

Hello Community,

I need your help by installing the vCenter Plug-In for MD3620i.

After installing it, I can't use the Plug-In, the error in the vSphere client:

The following error occured while downloading the script plugin from
vcenter-ip-address/.../configuration.xml:
The request failed because of a connection failure. (Unable to connect to the remote server)

What do you think could be reason of this error?

Thank you!

8 Posts

April 27th, 2015 01:00

Hi,

I have same problem. The solution s is here

austintovey.blogspot.fr/.../dell-md-storage-array-vmware-vcenter.html

Bests Regards

April 20th, 2015 10:00

Hey, 4000dell.

Honestly, I would flush the java cache on the system you're using the vSphere client. I've seen this before, and most of the time we can fix it by clearing Java cache. I'd also verify the version compatibility. (version of plugin vs version of esx you're using)

Here's a link to the download: www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails;fileId=3365313701&osCode=EX50&productCode=powervault-md3620i&languageCode=EN&categoryId=AP

Look at the "Important Information" piece, and see if any of that applies to your setup as well.

Let me know if this helps you get connected.

23 Posts

April 26th, 2015 13:00

Hi DELL-Daniel Ca,

I installed the latest version of PlugIn on vCenter 5.5. I'm installing the Plugin on the same server where the vCenter is running.

I've tried to flush Java, but it still doesn't help.. may be that is an issue, because I'm using windows2012r2 ?

the error message shows, that the port doesn't answer. If I check the port where the DELL plugin is listening, it's closed. it seems the DELL plugin doesn't work. But I see the dell service is running under services. Just for a test I've tried to stop it and start again, but it hangs each time by stopping, So I think it's an issuew ith 2012r2 and DELL plugin. Do you know if somebode use the dell plugin on win2012r2?,

https:// vcenter-ip-address : 10084 / vcenterconfig / configuration.xml :

The request failed because of a connection failure. (Unable to connect to the remote server)

Thanks.

23 Posts

April 29th, 2015 04:00

Thanks Petitbleu,

now the plugin is detected, BUT if open it it's saying:

"User is not auhorizited to use this plugin"

I installed Plugin using one user, that has admin permissions. I'm connecting to the plugin using another user, that also has admin permissions.

23 Posts

April 29th, 2015 05:00

sorry.. that has been resolved by adding a user directly to specific role

No Events found!