Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 19th, 2013 08:00

additional Storage and blade servers

Hope you can help me...we have an existing blade enclosure m1000e with poweredge 610 servers installed and PS6010 storage...

Now we are planning to add additional 2 servers and 1 storage, Hope you can recommend the latest server and storage compatible with Blade enclosure m1000e.

thanks...

203 Posts

January 20th, 2013 13:00

I'm a current M1000e owner as well.  You have a number of different options.  You have the versatile half height M620's that can be configured as beasts when it comes to RAM and CPU.  Optionally, you now have the quarter height blades that if your use-case supports them, are an interesting option.  The biggest deal with them in my mind is the limite of RAM.  We just purchased 4 M620's to replace some of our old M600's.  From a computational side, we are increasing the computing power by a signifigant amount in comparison to the old Harper town based blades.

I'd personally still stick with the standard EqualLogic form factor for storage.  The storage intended for the enclosure does have a few gotchas that might not make it the best fit for you.

33 Posts

January 19th, 2013 08:00

additional info...The 2 servers will be used as Oracle Database server as cluster server connected to the storage.

thanks again

33 Posts

January 23rd, 2013 04:00

thanks very much sketchy....

No Events found!