Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 23rd, 2018 06:00

Basic CLI commands for Data Domain

I SSH connected to my data domain and the Linux commands I know are not working.  I tried "ls" and "man".  I searched the forums, the web, and my Data Domain user guide, but I can't find basic commands or why my basic Linux commands are not working.

I have to navigate to the ddvar directory and delete some files.

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

January 24th, 2018 05:00

export /var via NFS to one of your management *nix boxes and delete it from there.

85 Posts

January 24th, 2018 07:00

Please download the "EMC® Data Domain® Operating System Version 6.0 Command Reference Guide 302-003-095". It has the NFS mounting commands.  If you need help - only support can access the root login to clean up stuff via command line.

6 Posts

January 24th, 2018 08:00

connect to NFS export, works for me, CIFS as well...Linux commands will not work since there is a shell on top of the SUSE Linux core.  it is possible to escape the shell, but that will void your warranty and is un-needed.

Good luck!

14.3K Posts

January 24th, 2018 12:00

DD is closed box by default so you can run only limited (and provided) set of commands.  If you need to delete something, you can export fs and delete it via export, but be sure to know what you are doing (eg. support and more experienced folks even that is not recommended, can get into engineering mode and delete it from there).

January 25th, 2018 13:00

Thanks for the advice ladies and gentlemen.  I was able to delete the files by connecting to the Data Domain via web browser.  Then I created a share and gave myself access to it.  Then I connected to the share using my Windows machine.  I deleted the files in Windows Explorer.

33 Posts

April 21st, 2020 04:00

Data Domain has its own CLI and does not accept Linux command, but DD OS commands.

Although there is a Linux running underneath, it must not be accessed outside of support.

Short answer: Data Domain is a proprietary system and the way to administer it properly should be via the Enterprise Manager / System Managed (WEB interface) or the DD OS cli.

Linux commands are not working directly on the DD OS CLI

Hope it helps, 

Gonzalo

1 Message

May 9th, 2020 08:00

The information in this publication is provided as is. EMC Corporation makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to the information in this publication, and specifically disclaims implied warranties of merchant ability or fitness for a particular purpose.

No Events found!