Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 3rd, 2014 03:00

DD Boost Integration with Veeam

Has anyone configured DD Boost to work with Veeam?

I see that it is supported in the new Veeam 8 release.

Any comments will be appreciated.

Thanks.

14.3K Posts

October 3rd, 2014 04:00

Yes, this has been GAed this summer.  You can find Veeam doc at Configuring EMC Data Domain Boost with Veeam Availability Suite v8

59 Posts

October 5th, 2014 23:00

Thanks Hrvoje.

So this basically only gives the initial setup - no real optimization yet on DD Boost.

14.3K Posts

October 6th, 2014 04:00

Well, by using DDBoost you are already optimizing your data flow making backups faster for a start (see EMC Data Domain Boost coming to Veeam Availability Suite v8!).  You can also use synthetic level where you merge previous incremental/differential backups.  What kind of optimization on DDb did you had on your mind?

59 Posts

October 6th, 2014 06:00

Yes - I agree that DDBoost already provides improved performance.

Obviously the standard options can be enabled like - DSP, synthetic full backups.

What is the recommendation on compression?

Enable on Veeam or DDR and what level if on DDR?

Any other recommendations that you may have?

14.3K Posts

October 6th, 2014 06:00

As DDR is using this, I'm quite sure recommendation would be to use it there as final and resting place (as any other compression on the way will affect compression and de-dupe on DD - how much I have no idea and this is something you could test to see pros and cons and what would make sense in your setup).

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 17th, 2015 04:00

I did a month ago even with DD Boost FC on Windows 2012. I have a small document with some screenshots (unfortunately the text is in German only). Any questions are welcome.

Andrej

9 Posts

July 25th, 2016 07:00

Hello, I have some questions for your setup. I am trying to get Veeam on a 2012 box to work with DD Boost FC using the latest version of Veeam B&R 9 with no luck. Keep getting the error "DD OS version 5.4 or later is required to use DDBoost". I have read in a Veeam forum post that it was related to not having access groups configured, however in my case I have access groups configured. One question I am wondering is if you have to specify the data domain fc server name with the dfc in the name on the ddboost config screen on the data domain?

any help would be appreciated.

tks

No Events found!