Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

MH

May 1st, 2015 07:00

DD2200 initialization procedure

I received a DD2200 in my environment. I don't know why have no access to my.datadomain.com website.

I need to do the initial config to set IP address for the box.

I read the initialization docs mentioned must connect to serial console and set IP. but not mentioned how is the serial port settings namely baud rate, parity and .. ? Also DD200 has 4 eth ports. for management to which eth port must be connect ?

May 1st, 2015 07:00

Connecting to the System with a Terminal Emulator

To connect to a Data Domain system and run DD OS commands:

1. [   ]    Connect a serial cable between your laptop and the Data Domain system. If necessary, also use a USB-to-DB-9 or a USB-to-DB-9 and DB-9 to Micro-DB-9 converter cable to your laptop.
    2. [   ]    Launch the terminal program (I use putty) on your laptop and configure the following communication settings:

Setting

Value

BAUD Rate

Data Bits

Stop Bits

Parity

None

Flow Control

None

Emulation

VT-100

you can use any eth port for management.

1 Rookie

• 

137 Posts

May 1st, 2015 09:00

Thanks for reply. Could you please share the related document for me ? if 1 eth port is enough for the management why there is 4 ports on DD2200 ?

14.3K Posts

May 2nd, 2015 14:00

Because nowadays people creates aggregates between difference switches and they also use separate VLANs - if you use only management, it is up to you to figure out how you wish to make connection.  As for my.dd page, that doesn't exist for past two years.

208 Posts

May 5th, 2015 01:00

Hi,

I think you perhaps need to give your design a lot more consideration on how you intend to use your new DD2200.

If you intend to use DDBoost, then ifgroups might make sense.

An EMC SA would probably be worth considering to make sure you get the maximum performance and resilience from this DD.

An example configuration for this with replication and DDBoost might be something like this;

ethMa and ethMb - LACP aggregated or failover configuration onto virtual adaptor Veth0 - give it one IP.

LACP would require switch configuration to be LACP ready but is faster, failover is transparent but simply active/passive - so slower than LACP but still resilient.

If that subnet (veth0) is routeable for replication, then use it for replication traffic as well as management (DDEM and SSH).

ethMc give it one IP for DDBoost backups, ethMd give it one IP for DDBoost backups.

Place both ethMc and ethMd into an ifgroup and then DDBoost backups will load balance across those 2 interfaces for your backup ingest.

If you need to replicate and neither veth0, ethMc or ethMd are possible subnets for your replication network - you can create an alias IP under any one of those 3 interfaces and share that/those physical Nics for replication but on that different alias'd IP address/subnet.

That is just one example, you do not need to specify one particular physical interface for management, it's purely down to whichever IP you can get to - so it doesn't matter which physical NIC you are using to achieve that.

9600, 8, N, 1, N.

DHCP is on by default - connecting it to your LAN may just give you an IP to connect through without serial connection.

Regards, Jonathan

1 Rookie

• 

137 Posts

May 6th, 2015 01:00

We plan to use DD boost. so please advise if we can use ethMa for management and the rest of ethMb,c, and d for DD Boost backup aggregate ?

208 Posts

May 6th, 2015 01:00

Are you planning to replicate/clone too?

• Clone controlled replication - CCR for Networker
  • Storage lifecycle policy - SLP for Netbackup

regards, Jonathan

87 Posts

May 6th, 2015 16:00

Hi Mohammad,

U can used the document attach for the conexion.

Regards

Elvin...

1 Attachment

No Events found!