Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 8th, 2014 04:00

DD2500 and Backup Exec Dataset duplication

Hello,

Like the subject say, we are trying to duplicate each backup set after backup to a DR site.

We installed the OST plug-in on each Backup Exec 2010 SP3 server (on the prod and DR site) and share the 2 datadomain.

We are able to successfully duplicate the backup set but they are marked as blanco and worm.

Do we need to install the Datadomain replicator software with the OST plug in and also configure the replication on the datadomain?

Or do we need to configure something else?

The print below is what I can also see in the the replication tab.

Any idea how to achieve the duplication of datasets via backup exec between 2 DDs?

Thx

Olivier

2014-04-08_13-34-23.png

April 14th, 2014 06:00

Someone?? Anyone???

116 Posts

April 14th, 2014 13:00

olivier.cesar,

Are you having an issue setting up duplicate replication from your backup system or do you want to replicate the backups from one Data Domain to another?

Best Regards,

Patrick

April 15th, 2014 01:00

Hello Patrick,

The duplicate backup job from Backup Exec is not problem at all. It's just in the policy (just do a duplicate backup set job with as target the second DataDomain and that's it :-)).

My main concern is when you try to catalog the duplicate, it says WORM and nothing in it.

So I believe that I did something wrong. I cannot find any information on the support site about how to set upt a correct repication between 2 Backup Exec with as target 2 DataDomain (or something like that).

The OST plugin is installed on both machines.

14.3K Posts

April 15th, 2014 01:00

Technically, your replica is worm (write once, read many) so I guess there would be nothing to worry about.

14.3K Posts

April 15th, 2014 02:00

Catalog capability depends on how API between DD and backup application are talking to each other.  I would start from compatibility guide and also backup application documentation which should outline what kind of possibilities are possible and expected when using OST plugin.

April 15th, 2014 02:00

Hello Hrvoje,

So, why is my customer then unable to catalog the duplicated media set?

116 Posts

April 15th, 2014 07:00

olivier.cesar,

I'm sorry to hear that.  If you want to email me at patrick.betts@emc.com I can forward your information to the team that can assist with that.  Also, you can email support@emc.com directly and they will assist you with fixing the access errors.

Best Regards,

Patrick

116 Posts

olivier.cesar,

Please see our Replication FAQ for further information:

180562 : Replication FAQ            
https://support.emc.com/kb/180562

If you have any questions feel free to ask.  If you would like a WebEx session and support to engage you, I can open an SR for you and assist.

Best Regards,

Patrick

Hello Patrick,

I get access denied when I click on your link.

OK, just reviewed the compatibility guide and all looks OK. They have BE2010 R3 fully patched.

I believe I should have done something stupid on the DD.

Is there a KB or WP that explain how to correctly setup a replication between the 2 DD?

Or is it not needed, or do I need the Replicator Software?

If someone could help me on this, it would be great!

116 Posts

April 15th, 2014 10:00

olivier.cesar,

I am glad to hear your access issue is resolved.  Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Patrick

No Events found!