Highlighted
victory_is_mine
3 Argentium

DD2500 with FC IO module

Jump to solution

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for the answer to the following questions: what is the purpose of the FC IO module in the DD2500 (or any other DD system) - is it only for VTL, or can be used for CIFS and NFS too, and where can I find the FC connectivity best practices?

Appreciate your input.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ble1
6 Indium

Re: DD2500 with FC IO module

Jump to solution

CIFS and NFS are IP based protocols and therefore they do not use FC.  FC is used for VTL and DDBoost over FC implementations.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ble1
6 Indium

Jump to solution

CIFS and NFS are IP based protocols and therefore they do not use FC.  FC is used for VTL and DDBoost over FC implementations.

0 Kudos
bobt5
2 Iron

Jump to solution

Hrvoje is correct. Currently, FC connections are only available for VTL and DDBoost over FC.

0 Kudos
jbrooksuk
3 Argentium

Jump to solution

Hi there,

Due to the nature of your question, I just wanted to be sure that the essence of your question has not been lost, I appreciate that you have specifically said "FC" and that is the correct reply you have received from my peers here but is it possible that you actually have a dual port 10gbe optical card (which looks just like an 8Gbe FC card) in your DD2500?
If you have then this is indeed ethernet and CIFS/NFS DDboost are all possible but obviously it is not FC (but still has dual port LC connectors).

• Just an "out of the box" thought for the day

Regards,

Jonathan

0 Kudos
victory_is_mine
3 Argentium

Jump to solution

Thank you for the comment, but it is 8GB FC, not 10GB optical. At least that's what it says on the BOM that I got.

0 Kudos
bobt5
2 Iron

Jump to solution

8Gb optical connections (FC) are only for VTL and DDBoost over FC connectivity at this time.

0 Kudos