Unsolved

MH

1 Rookie

• 

137 Posts

October 9th, 2018 05:00

DD9300 sysadmin password lost

Hi,

what is the procedure to reset the DD9300 sysadmin password ?

1 Rookie

• 

137 Posts

October 12th, 2018 07:00

No i need to do the procedure myself, reset the sysadmin password or reset factory or re-image the DD

Sent from my iPhone

35 Posts

October 15th, 2018 09:00

Re-Imaging can be done by a customer engineer, if you are doing it yourself, you are on a risk. Keep that in mind.

Re-imaging would be more lengthy than changing a password, isn't it.

Which DD OS do you have, if it is DD OS 6.1.x, you have to call support. There is no way at all for password reset. Let us say you have 6.0.x, try to login to DD using another account (admin) and go to bash mode.

Once here, type the following

#passwd sysadmin.

It will prompt a message to choose the new password and remember it.

If you don't have another admin account,

Login with the serial console with Serial - USB cable, go to bash mode and do the same.

We do not recommend customer to log in to BASH and that is the reason, 6.1 onwards no one but support can log in to BASH.

Hope it helps

1 Rookie

• 

137 Posts

October 15th, 2018 10:00

Regret our DD is running 6.1 no chance to login to bash mode.

Sent from my iPhone

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 15th, 2018 22:00

Hi,

We can help you with that real quick if you have another account with any management role.

Please reach out to us at https://onlinesupport.emc.com/LiveChat

We would require webex session for just 15 minutes.

Cheers,

Pushpendra

1 Rookie

• 

137 Posts

October 16th, 2018 01:00

could you please inform me the procedure to do myself ?

Sent from my iPhone

1 Rookie

• 

137 Posts

October 16th, 2018 01:00

regret due to our site administration, remote connection is not possible.

Sent from my iPhone

85 Posts

October 16th, 2018 08:00

Sorry Mo. You will need to open a support case as this is not a something Dell releases to customers.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 16th, 2018 18:00

Hi Mohammad,

Apologies.

The procedure used to reset the password is meant only for EMC Engineers. I wish I could had shared it with you.

It involves access to BASH Shell and it may void the contract of the Data Domain if you do so.

In case remote session is not possible, please create a service request to have a CE visit onsite and do the troubleshooting for you.

Or another alternate approach is to fetch the old password from the organization. They must be having it saved somewhere.

Or, please see if you could discuss this with the admin team so that they could provide some remedy to setup the remote session and reach out to us.

Cheers,

Pushpendra

No Events found!