Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 7th, 2016 10:00

Data Domain Management Center 2.0 launched

Data Domain Management Center (DDMC) 2.0 is now generally available. DDMC allows you to monitor multiple Data Domain systems. It provides an aggregated view of historical data, alerts, status and projections from your Data Domain systems. In the new release, we can now support as many as 150 Data Domain systems. In addition to VMWare, DDMC is now also supported on Hyper-V.

If you have Data Domain licenses, you can freely download and use DDMC.

Do you have multiple Data Domain systems? Would you like to try DDMC and see the benefits of aggregated reporting from multiple Data Domain systems?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 7th, 2016 11:00

DDMC 2.0 can monitor DDOS 5.6 and above.

14.3K Posts

December 7th, 2016 11:00

What is the minimum DDOS that DDMC 2.0 can monitor and handle?

14.3K Posts

December 7th, 2016 14:00

Thnx!

March 15th, 2018 10:00

Hi!

Does de DDMC support DD VE Free? We are planning deploy a DD3300 in Headquarter site, and DD VE Free in remote sites (The workloads are small, like a 300GB per site). We are interested in manage all DDs (HW and VE) with  DDMC from headquarter. Is it possible?

Many thanks in advance.

Javier.

85 Posts

March 16th, 2018 06:00

DDMC can monitor any physical or virtual data domain and it is free. It requires a zero dollar PO to generate a unique license key/serial number.  Please work with your local VAR or Dell Tech sales team to get one.

March 16th, 2018 07:00

Thank you very much @rugby01! Only a doubt, works DDMC with DD VE Free edition also? Best regards

85 Posts

March 16th, 2018 08:00

Yes.  the free edition of DDVE is a full blown copy.

6 Posts

March 16th, 2018 11:00

All - there is a newer GA version - 6.1.1.5.  You can perform an in-place upgrade. If new, you would need to request a $0 PO from your EMC account manager.  This is a full blown version. We deploy one per region.

https://support.emc.com/docu87488_Data_Domain_Operating_System_6.1.1.5_Combined_Release_Notes.pdf?language=en_US&language=en_US

https://support.emc.com/docu85189_Data_Domain_Management_Center_6.1_Installation_and_Administration_Guide.pdf?language=en_US&language=en_US

14 Posts

November 4th, 2022 02:00

Hi All,

What DDMC can manage Data Domain and Data Protection (IDPA) on single dashboard ? or DDMC only manage for Data Domain series, not IDPA ?

and how about PowerProtect Data Manager Central ? what this tools very different ?

Thanks,

14 Posts

November 4th, 2022 02:00

sorry, my mean DDMC vs Data Protection Central, what this tools very different ?

November 8th, 2022 11:00

Wouldn't you have to differentiate between functions? Or do you mean managing the DD inside an IDPA deployment, through a DDMC not part of IDPA?

PP DMC doesn't exist, does it? PPDM is a thing (pwerprotect data manager; a newer backup product, besides Networker and Avamar). DPC is a thing (data protection central, offering a dashboard for networker, avamar and dd and start their respective management interface). PP DMC does not not exist as far as I know...

November 8th, 2022 12:00

- aaarghh, I get fed with this post application, not allowing to simply change the contents form one post and state the same text in the correct reply-

As said exactly already DDMC is only meant to manage multiple DD systems (for example also the ability nowadays to push the update rpm's to a group of dd's in one go and even upgrade them), while DPC offers mainly a dashboard towards Avamar, Networker and DD systems. From DPC you can click a link and then connect to a DD, however it does not offer the integrated features that DDMC does, like user central management to arrange access through DDMC to the DD's without needing local accounts. Also SMT is setup through the DDMC if memory serves me well, instead of through the DD itself.

DPC is a bit similar to DPA in that it can create some dashboards and offers links to click on to go to or login to networker, avamar of dd systems. I can use SSO (single sign on), if you would wanna use that (we don't, at least not yet and especially not through authentication of the regular AD, if then through a dedicated AD arranging access to the backup infra. But even that we do not do, preferring local accounts over a possible takeover of the AD, handing out access to all backup infra components. But that is - up until now - our take on the whole SSO and integration into AD).

BTW DDMC cannot manage a DD inside IDPA as stated clearly in the DDMC 7.7 install/admin guide (I assume the same goes for earlier DDMC versions):

"NOTE: DDMC cannot manage PowerProtect DP Series (IDPA) systems."

Why not simply deploy and use both DDMC and DPC and see if and how it fits your needs, as both products are free? DPC requires no license whatsoever, while DDMC requires a free license if I recall correctly, so would require you reaching out to Dell).

We use DDMC extensively, but DPC hasn't cut it yet. One major reason being the complete lack of RBAC. There is only one local admin account, no other local user accounts can be created. If you hook it up to AD (or LDAP), then anyone given access through a group for example, can manage the whole DPC (except for changing/setting up the AD or LDAP integration, only the one single local admin account can do that).

November 8th, 2022 12:00

response to wrong reply/post.

14 Posts

November 8th, 2022 18:00

Hi @barry_beckers ,

wow, thanks for your insight, I get summary from you with this point :

DDMC: single dashboard for manage DD series (appliance, software-define, cloud), have capability for manage lifecycle in multiple DD series, have capability for RBAC, but cannot manage IDPA.

DPC: single dashboard for manage IDPA (we will get capability such as link to access avamar, networker, etc in IDPA system), can manage multiple DD series but not powerfull (only for simple access, not use for lifecycle management, not have capability related RBAC).

please correct,

and what DPC have capability for provide lifecycle management in IDPA system ? maybe including with DDOS, avamar/networker/etc

thanks,

14 Posts

November 17th, 2022 19:00

Hi All & @barry_beckers ,

any update ?

thanks,

No Events found!