Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

1 Rookie

• 

205 Posts

February 10th, 2015 10:00

Data Domain Part Numbers

Does anyone happen to have a good database/list of Data Domain part numbers?  They're not explicitly labeled on the parts themselves from what I can tell, and if replacements need to be ordered, I don't know where to start.  If a hard drive fails on a no-longer-supported system, we would be in trouble.  I know on the clariion platform at least there was a big PDF of hard drive part number conventions, such as CX-4G15-600, etc. which corresponded to the 9-digit EMC part number that was physically on the disk.  It also showed which FLARE versions were required to support which disks, but for DD I have found no such thing so far.  Please help if you can!  Thanks.

1 Rookie

• 

205 Posts

What if it's a very old DD system, and we wanted to order parts from a third party vendor to save some money, is there any way for us as end users to know what the part numbers are without going through EMC service channels?

208 Posts

Hi, if the DD is no longer on support and you need parts provided by EMC, this would be on a best endevours and time and materials basis.

Obviously it depends on how old the DD is and whether we still stock parts for it after EOSL date.

If you require this method to fix your DD, EMC would of course advise you of the correct part number and cost of the item along with approximate amount of time/labour required prior to coming to replace any components with your agreement/sign off on the T&M quote.

Regards, Jonathan

1 Rookie

• 

205 Posts

February 12th, 2015 07:00

Is there really nothing?  Someone has to have some kind of list out there.

February 19th, 2015 08:00

mtexter,

Well, well. you want to save some money. Of course you can!

But you will for sure lose EMC support on the box (for ever) Mohahaha...

Ok, you want to know the hardware component? then run the cli comand: enclosure show all

Voila, here you go! Go and buy from a third vendor the same HW piece.

1 Rookie

• 

205 Posts

July 2nd, 2015 12:00

Thanks! That is definitely useful for parts that are already in the system.  But I'm also curious about adding things like IO cards, specifically a 2-port 8GB FC HBA.  Do they just take a generic PCI-E model or does it have to be a certain Data Domain part?

156 Posts

Please share the Data Domain Model Specification

1 Rookie

• 

205 Posts

both a DD670 and  DD4200, but i'm curious if there's a resource out there that spells out which FRUs go into which DD models.  If there's a complete or even semi-complete list like that, i'd love to see it.

49 Posts

July 9th, 2015 14:00

Data Domain parts have firmware on them that is custom to Data Domain or EMC. FC cards may be manufactured by a 3rd party (like QLogic) but the FW is custom as well as the driver.

While you can get away with a generic disk sometimes (if the disk FW is correct for the disk model) you are almost never going to be able to use a Generic FC card, NIC, SAS HBA, etc. While the DD670 uses a standard PCI bus, the DD4200 uses a proprietary interface/module called a SLIC and it is not available outside of EMC with the exception of surplus resellers or possibly EBay.

1 Message

May 22nd, 2020 11:00

@NunoFerrao Cheers Nuno, this has helped me out 18 months later. The list has updated DD models. 

1 Message

May 16th, 2021 09:00

Hi, NunoFerrao!

Please, resend docu60759_Data_Domain_Spare_Parts_By_Model.xlsx, because it cannot be downloaded 

1 Message

May 26th, 2021 03:00

Bom dia senhor Ferrao,

O link falho, seria possivel que o senhor tenha a amabilidade de me enviar esse ficheiro por favor ?

Seria d'uma grande ajuda.

desde já, obrigado ,Cordialmente.

No Events found!