Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 7th, 2017 13:00

Data Domain "Compression Details" report

Hi all,

Through Data Domain System Manager, there's a link to a TSV file with file compression details. I am trying to find what type of data compresses/dedupes the worst. NetWorker is the backup application using this DD. I've imported the file in Excel and there's some filtering that can be done.

Is the content of this file documented somewhere? If so, where ? I would like to know more about each column. Some are obvious, like name, bytes. I am guessing the "_lc" suffix means local compression? What's mtime? I downloaded this file from a DD and looking at values in the bytes/post_lc column doesn't match dividing values from the bytes column by those in the post_lc column, per row.

If someone has used this file looking for the same information I am looking for, can you please share your experience? Is there a script to parse its content?

Thanks in advance,

Armando

14.3K Posts

July 13th, 2017 15:00

Check command reference guide - you will find it there.  mtime is modified time.

14 Posts

July 13th, 2017 17:00

Hi Hrvoje,

Thanks but I just searched through doc. "EMC® Data Domain® Operating System Version 6.0 Command Reference Guide 302-003-095 REV. 04" and it's not there (perhaps in an older version ?) but it makes sense it means what you say.

I found a URL from someone who used this file for the same purpose and it is a good starting point. Since the backups I am interested in are from NetWorker, each file corresponds to a saveset, same structure as an AFTD, so each file referenced by the ssid's long notation so it should be pretty easy to create script to correlate each ssid with what's in the media database.

Thanks,

Armando

No Events found!