Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 26th, 2014 11:00

Networker VBA with data domain - has anyone seen this?

Has anyone seen a Networker VBA create a ddboost mtree on a data domain? There is an mtree on our DD860 called data/col1/avamar-1383315380, which doesn't seem to track back to a networker device.

3 Posts

August 26th, 2014 12:00

Thanks for the info, Ian. This mtree is almost twice as large as the mtree that our actual networker devices are being saved to.

Can you tell me how to tell what's actually being saved here? It doesn't track back to a networker device. Is there a way to age the data out and reclaim the space?

Mike

2K Posts

August 26th, 2014 12:00

The VBA will create an Avamar MTree if Data Domain integration is enabled for the solution. If you log into the VBA as the admin user and run the following command, you should see "1383315380" which matches with the MTree name:

avmaint hfscreatetime

2 Posts

December 2nd, 2014 09:00

MikeJudge wrote:

Thanks for the info, Ian. This mtree is almost twice as large as the mtree that our actual networker devices are being saved to.

Can you tell me how to tell what's actually being saved here? It doesn't track back to a networker device. Is there a way to age the data out and reclaim the space?

Mike

Did you ever get any information regarding this? I'm seeing the same thing, and it continues to grow. There is NO mention of this in ANY EMC documentation I've found yet.

December 3rd, 2014 23:00

Hi everybody,

Same question

Greg

December 4th, 2014 05:00

Is that helping maybe:

Avamar_mtree.png

Found in:

https://emc--c.na5.visual.force.com/apex/KB_BreakFix_1?id=kA1700000000tVr

I think the cleaning of these avamar-mtree is done by the maintenance task on the EBR Appliance itself. Not by the cleaning process of DD.

Cheers

Greg

23 Posts

February 28th, 2015 09:00

Dumb question of the day: what if, by mistake, you delete this mtree?

Is there a way to recreate it from the VBA appliance?

14.3K Posts

February 28th, 2015 09:00

mtree is on DD so I doubt VBA can recreate it.  If something like that would happen, your best choice is to disable cleanup of DD and have sev1 ticket with EMC to see if you can pull it back.

23 Posts

March 2nd, 2015 07:00

Well, we did stop the DD cleanup task and raised a sev1 ticket to DD support team and, good news: they did manage to recover the FS, thanks Rich Binstead for that!

12 Posts

October 28th, 2016 03:00

richbinstead so he know he got thanked :-)

No Events found!