Start a Conversation

Unsolved

8 Posts

August 30th, 2018 07:00

Obtaining the DDBoostFS rpm

I work at site where the DD and client systems are not on the internet.

can anybody advise me on how to obtain the current DDBoostFS rpm?

I opened an SR, but the referred me to licensing and although fully entitled,  I'm getting the run around.

Isn't there a place where I can just download the rpm and upload to the client system?

Thanks

2 Posts

August 31st, 2018 06:00

What do you required which software

8 Posts

August 31st, 2018 06:00

I found the rpm on Support.emc.com   I had to search for BoostFS  not DDBoostFS

8 Posts

September 4th, 2018 05:00

I don't really understand your question. 

So I'll answer why I'm interested in BoostFS  software.

BoostFS is a new client side optional component that allows  the DDBoost storage unit to be mounted  (similar to NFS mounts)  and then you can use Linux commands to interact with the DDBoost Storage unit.  Commands like  ls, cp, rm  will work.   Without BoostFS,  the only option I have for managing the files stored in DDBoost storage unit is via the API - which is clunky at best.

BoostFS implements a user space file system using the common FUSE Linux framework.  There are many FUSE file systems.  The chief benefit of FUSE is that it does not require changes to the Linux kernel.   FUSE file systems are implemented in user-space  so it's more secure and easier to implement.

Hope that helps.

1 Message

April 23rd, 2020 10:00

This is old, and the link no longer is active.

I too need to obtain the software...

I have DDBoostFS-1.0.0.5-556666.rhel.x86_64.rpm , which I got from a package called BFSAVT-1_0_0-06.tar.gz (that I found as a link to an EMC download)

I need a newer version, as this old version does not allow me to use boostfs as a mount option in /etc/fstab

I need: DDBoostFS-1.1.0.1-565134.rhel.x86_64.rpm  or newer

I cannot find it in the convoluted download system .

Can anyone assist?

2 Posts

April 27th, 2020 08:00

With FUSE it is possible to implement a fully functional file system in a user space program .

1 Message

May 25th, 2020 02:00

I have DDBoostFS-1.0.0.5-556666.rhel.x86_64.rpm , which I got from a package called BFSAVT-1_0_0-06.tar.gz (that I found as a link to an EMC download)

No Events found!