Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 21st, 2018 12:00

Question - How to reboot data domain without affecting replication?

Hi everyone;

Sorry if this seems like a simply question, but I couldn't find a definitive answer anywhere. I have two DD640's that replicate 4 MTree's over WAN. I need to shut down one of the down to physically move the hardware to a different location in my server rack.

Do I need to Disable replication before shutting the DD640 down? If so, is this accomplished by using the "Disable Pair" button under Replication->Automatic?

My DD OS is 5.7.4.

Thanks!

Anthony

33 Posts

January 10th, 2019 14:00

To be honest, you do not really need to do anything. You just reboot one of the DataDomains and once it is back online and has connectivity against the destination, replication will resume. However, I normally recommend to disable the replication pairs on the DataDomain that is being rebooted replication disable all (from cli) And re-enable them once back online. replication enable all When you enable the replication, it directly tries to connect against the destination and the replication resumes if there is no network error. Bear in mind that you need to do a replication disable, not a replication break, which is a totally different thing Hope it helps. Gonzalo

January 14th, 2019 11:00

Thanks!

This is actually exactly what I ended up decided to do. It worked perfectly. 

Anthony

1 Message

February 19th, 2019 01:00

This will not require a reboot, however, existing TCP connections are not affected. So we have a issue which will be taken care of assuming no physical network issues in that case please visit the website.

No Events found!