Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 2nd, 2014 02:00

RPC error= 12 on ddboost show connections

Hi Everyone ,

on two different DD890 , when I try to show the ddboost connection I've got this error :

ERROR getting DD BOOST Client information: DDBOOST command failed due to RPC error= 12

**** Error retrieving information (DDBOOST command failed due to RPC error= 12).

I was having this error on both , at 5.2.2.4-370754 and after the upgrade to 5.4.0.8-404909 .

Now the first one is vtl only , so now the command works but i haven't any ddboost connection .

on the other one , which is ddboost only , i've got this error despite of the upgrade to 5.4

any clue ?

116 Posts

January 2nd, 2014 06:00

Andrea,

It's scheduled for fix in 5.4.1.  The known workaround is to restart the filesystem but expect the issue to return at some point. DDOS 5.4.1 should be out around the end of January.

19 Posts

Hi Patrick,

configured clients yes , absolutely over 100 .

Concurrently writing maybe (I try to keep sessions reasonably low on the two DD by tuning schedules).

I've opened one SR some months ago (maybe august) and this was marked as a know defect , planned for fix in 5.4

the problem actually seems to persist despite of the upgrade, so i will open another case about this problem

116 Posts

Hi Andrea,

Do you happen to have over 100 ddboost clients?  Also, do you currently have a case opened to address this issue?  If not I would definitely suggest opening one as this may be a known SMS issue targeted for a fix in 5.4.1.1.

19 Posts

Hi Patrick ,

as actually there are 3 NW servers on this DD the restart of the FS is not a viable solution.

I will verify the release notes on 5.4.1 before upgrade the DD .

actually one upgrade is planned , so i will try to postpone it to the end of january , if possible

14.3K Posts

January 3rd, 2014 09:00

I wonder what condition is causing this since I have around 600 clients using DD Boost, also DD890 and also 5.2.2.4-370754 and we never had seen this before (we have 6 DD890 models). Our roadmap is to move to 5.2.4.2 (and later 5.2.5.x) first and not touch 5.4.x before end of May this year.  Hopefully, if this is known issue, fix will be committed to 5.2.x tree as well.

116 Posts

January 3rd, 2014 11:00

Hrvoje,

What what I've seen it is an SMS issue.  It doesn't affect backups, just the response from certain commands such as "ddboost show connections".  Hence, the RPC timeout.  I looked back into the bug and found that it is fixed in 5.4.1.0 and 5.5.  I have put an inquiry out to see if this will be back ported to a 5.2.x release.  I will update the thread when I have more information.

14.3K Posts

January 3rd, 2014 11:00

Hi Patrick... yes, I was referring to that command (ddboost show connections).  I usually do not use that as I do not need it (though it is another nice way to see NW versions/DDBoost plugins on hosts), but I assumed that soon or later you would hit that issue.  I run mentioned version since November last year and could not see this issue if I run mentioned command. Even if I had the issue, I would not see high importance as it is more or less info command, but having it fixed in current tree like 5.2.x would be nice of course.

No Events found!