Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 24th, 2014 04:00

Unable to configure replication

Hi Techies,

I am trying to configure replication between two DD 860, however when i try to add the Target DD in the add new system, its giving the below error message

Communication error encountered, please check if the can be resolved from Management Station

also i logged in via cli and tried to ping the target DD and it was reachable from both end..However it was not detecting the target DD

Please Suggest...

Cheers,
Paul

1.2K Posts

March 24th, 2014 07:00

First, can you ping the source DD from the target DD?  If you can ping in one direction only, I'd start checking the networking at the failing location.  Check to ensure your gateway and netmask are correct.

If you can ping in both directions, check the routing information.  Use route trace on both sides, and see if you can successfully build a route back between the two DataDomain arrays, in both directions.

Let us know if that helps!

Karl

51 Posts

March 24th, 2014 07:00

Hi Karl,

From both DD it is pingable, also i added the route manually..Both physical IP and Virtual IP are reachable..

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

March 24th, 2014 09:00

are you specifying the host name of remote DD, very important.

51 Posts

March 24th, 2014 10:00

Hello Dynamox,

Yes i did specified the host name with domain name, also DNS is registered, still couldnt add the target DD

Cheers,
Paul

45 Posts

March 24th, 2014 11:00

Was the hostname on either of the boxes changed at any time after the installation? If it was change was the reboot and acquiring of new certificate for DD done? It sounds like a certificate issue.

51 Posts

March 24th, 2014 22:00

host name was not changed, however its not working

1 Rookie

• 

68 Posts

March 25th, 2014 08:00

Hi,

maybe it is a Firewall Problem. Is port 3009 open?

Port 3009  is used for managing a system remotely using Web Based GUI DDEM (Data Domain   Enterprise Manager). This port cannot be modified. This port is only used on   Data Domain systems running DDOS 4.7.x or later. This port will also need to   be opened if you plan to configure replication from within the Data Domain  GUI interface, as the replication partner needs to be added to the DD   Enterprise Manager

Regards,

Patric

5 Posts

March 25th, 2014 09:00

Paul, check routing table on both DD.

51 Posts

March 25th, 2014 09:00

Hi all,

The prob is with the DNS and the host name, now i configured the replication..

Cheers,
Paul

51 Posts

March 26th, 2014 03:00

Hi folks,
Getting this warning and error, it says as uninitialized and last sync beyond 24hrs

Capture.JPG.jpg

51 Posts

March 26th, 2014 06:00

Issue addressed by Gonzalo.it seems to be replication in initial stage

cheers,
Paul

116 Posts

March 26th, 2014 06:00

Hi Paul,

Is this a new context?  If so, please run "replication initialize rctx://#" and let us know the result.

Best Regards,

Patrick

No Events found!