Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 7th, 2016 06:00

Upgrade to DDOS 6.0 causes NICs to disappear

I had a DDVE running DDOS 5.6, I upgraded to 5.6.1 as are requirement to go to 6.0, no issues

I then ran the precheck for DDOS 6.0, no issues reported

I did the upgrade to DDOS6.0 and now I lost all connectivity I lost even the eth adapters, check the output below !

sysadmin@ddve1# system show version

Data Domain OS 6.0.0.20-547375

sysadmin@ddve1# net  show config

SMS command failed: No interfaces found

sysadmin@ddve1# net show hardware

SMS command failed: No interfaces found

sysadmin@ddve1#

Anyone has an idea on what went wrong and more important how to fix this ?

Thanks

JP

14.3K Posts

November 7th, 2016 06:00

Not sure what went wrong, but that should be visible from some logs.  Best thing is to open a ticket with support and have them check it.

November 8th, 2016 02:00

Hello,

Could you confirm that you had been using version 5.6 as a base for your upgrade to 6.0 pls?

Data Domain only started a supported deployment of DDVE from 5.7.32.0 in the field, anything prior to that could have unknown effects.

If the above is true, pls deploy a fresh instance from the provided OVA weather that will be DDVE 2.0 or DDVE 3.0 versions.

cheers

Ben

62 Posts

November 10th, 2016 03:00

As my colleague, Ben, has mentioned, we only started providing DDVE's for customer use from DDOS 5.7. (called DDVE Version 2)

In earlier versions, which should not have made it into the customer base, we allowed E1000 type network interfaces to be configured, however from DDVE version 2, this changed to only allow VMXNET3 type to be used with DDVE's.

Can you check from the vSphere interface, which network interface type you are using for the DDVE virtual machine?

cheers, Rich.

No Events found!