JamieD73
2 Iron

Re: Ask the Expert: Getting Started with Data Protection Advisor 6.0

Thank you Tom.  These are great examples.  Does anyone else have a DPA success story they would like to share?

0 Kudos
DavidRussell1
3 Argentium

With the new cross-domain functionality of the Analysis Engine you can take your alerting capabilities to the next level. Instead of just alerting when a certain condition is met (my backup failed), you can now alert when conditions across multiple objects are met. For example, a backup failed and the CPU utilization on that client was over 85%, or a switch port is down and these are the hosts/clients connected to that switch port that will be affected.

0 Kudos
JamieD73
2 Iron

For those that are taking advantage of the DPA trial, what was your first impression?  Your second?  What benefits have you realized?  Let us know and ask us any questions – we’re listening.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jford11
2 Bronze

It took a bit more then 5 minutes.  Only because I didn't see the 2 cpu requirement.   Had to reboot to adjust the vCPU's.

0 Kudos
jford11
2 Bronze

I have a question.  I'm creating a report that I want emailed.  How can I change the order?  So as an example, the "Backup All Clients" report.  I want it sorted by the client column.   Under Modify Custom Template(I maid my own copy), I found under advanced a "Order Flag".  It doesn't appear to do anything for me.

0 Kudos
DavidRussell1
3 Argentium

Hi,

The order flag is on the data source and will therefore order the data returned from the data source, however the subsequent operators may affect that ordering. I would recommend adding an Order operator (under the Misc category of operators) at the end of the report flow, to control the order of the data to be displayed.

HTH

David

David Russell

EMC

0 Kudos
JamieD73
2 Iron

Can you PROVE SLA attainment or recoverability of your mission-critical data today?  If not, why not?  Have you tried DPA 6? bit.ly/13ikUh1

0 Kudos
JamieD73
2 Iron

I want to thank everyone who participated in the "Ask the Experts" discussion!  If you  have additional questions or just want to stay up to date on what is happening in the world of data protection, you can join the EMC DPA community by clicking here:  http://bit.ly/14tNixd

We hope to see you in the community space!

0 Kudos
Mabro1
4 Tellurium

Thanks to all who participated in this discussion. Shortly it will be moved to the Data Protection Advisory Support Forum and the discussion can continue as a normal Support discussion.

Regards,

Mark

0 Kudos