Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 20th, 2016 07:00

Avamar & DPA Reporting

Hi

I am have customer who is using Avamar Grid & Node at mutiple location from past 3 years .

Every year he buy new node or Add Node into exiting Avamar  Grid & at same time backup Manager is not able to provide justification about node upgrade & not able to show the report to management  to help Bckup Manager   & to understand data growth along with new data  ingestion  reality I had install DPA server at customer  site but when i am trying to pull report of Old dates ( Before DPA Installed ) report is not getting display in DPA .I do Have following queries

1. Does DPA start reporting from the day it has installed ?

2. what is process where by i will ble to pull old logs from avamar & import into DPA so that DPA will able to analyze same.

Prasad

1.2K Posts

March 21st, 2016 06:00

It seems like DPA can't pull the information you seek far enough back.  Your remaining options include using the Avamar Enterprise Manager to pull the capacity used over the last 9 months.

If you are an EMC Partner, you should reach out to your local resources and see if there are any other options available to you.

Let us know if that helps!

Karl

1.2K Posts

March 20th, 2016 13:00

1) DPA starts collecting data as soon as an object is discovered into the management pane.  That is, when you first add the Avamar grid into the DPA environment, DPA becomes capable of collecting data from Avamar.

2) DPA doesn't "pull logs", so to speak.  DPA issues database queries to the Avamar Utility Node, and collects point-in-time statistics on capacity consumption, usage, clients, events, errors and so on. 

DPA can query some information from before its installation.  Depending on how much data is still resident in the database on the Avamar Utility Node, it may be able to provide some information about capacity utilization and consumption.  However, it might not be able to provide enough data to provide justification for the previous Avamar node purchases.  You may have to install DPA, run a report, and see what you can collect.

Let us know if that helps!

Karl

11 Posts

March 20th, 2016 18:00

Hi karl

I had installed dpa but dpa is only showing reports from the day it installed.

I am trying find out the way for generating old reports about 1 year old but not able yo get through .

Thanks and Regards,

Prasad Pimple

Available 24x 7 on +91 9920390004

network techlab

No Events found!