Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 8th, 2014 10:00

DPA Error-No Agent Installed on target host

Hi,

I try to add Netbackup server to the DPA, used Backup application, gave it's name (resolvable from the command line)

Checked Host system monitoring and local data collect, used default credentials (didn't change them)

And when started a test - got "Test failed! No agent installed on the target host (agent.install.error)"

Anyone came across it ?

66 Posts

January 8th, 2014 14:00

To monitor NetBackup, you can either use the DPA Agent installed on the DPA Server or you can install a DPA Agent on the NetBackup server and use that (this is generally preferred).

If you use the DPA Agent installed on the DPA Server, then you cannot do host monitoring and you must install the NetBackup Remote Console on the DPA Server.

If you want to do host monitoring (which enables DPA to report on the NetBackup server CPU & memory usage, network card, etc) then you must install a DPA Agent (also referred to as a DPA Collector) on the NetBackup server. Once the DPA Agent is installed on the NetBackup server the test should work successfully.

Let me know if you need more clarification.

Regards,

Gareth

2 Posts

January 9th, 2014 01:00

Thanks Gareth.

The DPA agent is installed on the Netbackup Master Server. Found that the symantec netbackup credentials are missing in the list of DPA credentials.

What is the username & password for netbackup if I want to create the credentials with standard setting?

No Events found!