Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 11th, 2014 03:00

DPA custom report using math subtract operator

Hi There,

Don't know if anyone can shed any on light on this but what I want to do via DPA is work out the run time of my Netowkrer groups to see how we are fairing with our backup window.

The report I have got in mind is the Backup Group Status as it lists group start and end time. I've added operator > math > subtract. used the connectors to link the reports. Now I want to subtract the end and start times to give a run time.

Simples well in theory but I can't seem to get the operator to subtract the times correctly. I get a weird looking date 01/05/70 and the time sum is wrong.

Has anybody cracked this as I've spent the last few days trying to get this done and am a little frutrated to say the least. This should be a standard report and I don't want to start messing around with mminfo commands and scripting hieroglyphics !!

Cheers

1.2K Posts

July 21st, 2014 11:00

Take a peek at another post: Calculating the actual backup window

You might need to play with the the Merge operator and pull the group status twice, as this poster did.  I think this approach makes the start/end time variables "similar enough" so that the math works on them.

Let us know if this helps!

Karl

No Events found!