Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 29th, 2014 04:00

DPA license guide

Is there a document to refer for the Product Numbers (PNs)  of the DPA Licences ?

214 Posts

June 10th, 2014 13:00

Did you get an answer on this?

June 16th, 2014 02:00

I guess you may have to contact support@emc.com for this.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 16th, 2014 03:00

There isnt a guide which mentions part IDs of the components., I took the reference from one of the older DPA servers to get the licenses.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 27th, 2014 04:00

hi all,

are you looking for this?

dpa_license_model.JPG.jpg

kind regards

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 29th, 2014 23:00

Yepppp .. Thats wat i was looking for !  Is it the complete list? For now i am good with the details you provided.

Thank You GermanGarcia

214 Posts

June 29th, 2014 23:00

Thanks for the reply, that's what I've seen on CXP but it doesn't give any explanation also are there any other licencing options for 100s of clients? I've spoken to EMC and no one has any idea, I think it's because the focus has been shifted to the full backup suite.

214 Posts

June 30th, 2014 00:00

Thanks for that, it's what I thought but there really should be some documentation with this somewhere, it used to be in the Software Pricing Guide but that's been reduced down to pretty much Data Protection Suite alone with no mention of individual licencing for DPA.

I have been talking to our sales representative but they don't know either so they suggest DPS but that's too expensive when they only want the DPA element.

Anyway thanks for the help.

Ed

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 30th, 2014 00:00

Hi Edhoward,

For 100 clients you will need 5x20 backup client licenses.

Backup client licenses also includes:

- host servers data gathering (CPU, process, memory, HBA, ethernet ports,...).

- backup environment (tape library, DD, FC switch, IP switch,...)

If you are running a NW or Avamar server there is other option, capacity licensing.

If you are looking for bundles like total protection suite or somethign like that you need to ask directly to your sales representative because this options and bundles are changing all the time.

kind regards

No Events found!