Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 17th, 2011 07:00

Duplicate information

I'm writing a report to report on status of all backups using the Backup Save Set Status data source; I've noticed that there are instances where a client has more than one instance noted at the same time with contradictory data (ie one line will say status is started, another will say status is completed).

Is there any easy way in this situation to be able to remove duplicates?  I've done this by having two streams of data with a condition in each to find started and completed entries, then renaming the status field, merging the two streams of data then recreating the status field and populating it based on the values of the renamed status fields.  (I then have a further merge with data which does not equal started or completed in the status field to being in the rest of the data).

59 Posts

January 19th, 2011 07:00

David

What are you trying to report on ?

The Backup Save Set Status provides rows of data on the Status itself , thus it will show multiple rows as the Save Set changes status over time.

If you want just the last status, then set the "Times" field to be a "point in time" datasource - this will effectively be the same as running the report with a time window of "Now" providing you with the latest status.

HTH

-E

January 19th, 2011 08:00

Elvin

That is what I initially tried to do; however I found that if I ran the report at a point in time no data came out, which is why I ran the data over a period of time (and data did come out).  But what I was questioning here was that there were several entries I found which were noted at identical times which provided a different status which seemed contradictory.

No Events found!