Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 17th, 2013 11:00

Failed to register agent with the server

On a new DPA 6.0.0 split installation the Web interface is stuck with: "Checking Server Status. Please Wait"  I examined the log files and saw the message: "initAgentConfig Failed to register agent with the server"  I've made sure the firewalls are disabled on each server and not sure where to troubleshoot this. I'm going to try to reinstall the application server. Any other suggestions ?

120 Posts

July 17th, 2013 12:00

We reinstalled both the datastore and application server and had the same outcome. We decided to re-download the installation package and then install both components again. This time it worked. I'm going to chalk this one up as a corrupt installation package download.

66 Posts

July 17th, 2013 12:00

Hi Rob,

The agent probably fails to register because there is an issue with the DPA Application Server starting. Please check the following:

- On the Datastore Server, confirm that the datastore service has started (dpa ds status)

- On the Application Server, check the directory /services/application. The files in this directory should either have an extension of .isdeploying, .deployed or .failed. What extension do the files have? If you have .deployed files in this directory then the application server should start up.

I've just seen your updated comment saying that you resolved the problem by downloading again and reinstalling - glad to hear that. For future reference, there is a known issue if you specify the fully qualified domain name of the datastore when you're installing the application server (you must specify the datastore IP address, even though the install wizard says you can specify IP or FQDN).

Regards,

Gareth

120 Posts

July 19th, 2013 07:00

Thanks Gareth, originally the application server had a service that didn't start but I manually started it. I also rebooted both servers as well after that and made sure all of the services were up.

I think our issue may have also been attributed to the FQDN, I try to always use the FQDN whenever possible. I think the last install we may have used the IP address.

No Events found!